Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Kayaking

We have spent the past 2 Sunday afternoons at Blue Spring State Park doing a little kayaking & just plain enjoying the great outdoors. The weather has been gorgeous & we couldn't deny ourselves a couple relaxing afternoons : ) Charlotte had never been in a kayak before & I have actually not kayaked since we moved to Florida. My idea of kayaking is different than my hubby. I prefer to float along the water with as little paddling as possible searching for the perfect moment to pull my legs out and get a tan. Robby likes to go go go : ) Although, I did start paddling like a professional white water rapid kayaker when we saw a 10 foot gator along the side of the water : )

Charlotte did great! The first Sunday, just the three of us went. She was in my kayak for about an hour and was super relaxed. She got lots of compliments on her hat & her courage. This past Sunday we took Steve, Jenny, Karis & Jenny's friend Brooke along. The boys + little miss Charlotte were the only ones who kayaked this time. Us girlies relaxed by the playground. It was wonderful.


I love her little grin in this one : )

Char & her Daddy

this was so beautful!

the boys

Char & her Uncle Steve

There is water everywhere you look here in Florida & much exploring to be done! We need to get some more trips in before my belly gets too big!

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! Maybe if we ever make it out there during nice weather we can join you guys some time! I love all the pics, what special memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lauren, brooke sent me your blog site. I'm so happy for yall to be expecting number two, congrats! We will be praying another healthy baby! Today Brooke, renee, my mom, and I were having lunch and said we think you will have another girl!!! :) char is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete