Saturday, December 4, 2010

a little peek at Baby V # 2

This week we got to enjoy a lovely performance via ultrasound by the sweet baby pictured below. He or she was quite the entertainer waving at us, putting their little thumb in their mouth & doing a few flips. It was absolutely amazing to see.

The baby measured right on target for 12 weeks at around 2 1/2 inches from head to bottom & the heartbeat was 155. Our doctor said if we believe old wives tales we may be having another girl. We have definitely found ourselves getting equally excited as we consider the possibility of a boy or a girl! We are scheduled to return January 10th to hopefully find out if we can continue with all things girl or if we need to bring some blue in to balance things out.

We have a couple names we like but have pretty much stopped talking about it until we find out what we are having....then we can really get serious : )

Enough talking, sorry, ONTO THE GOOD STUFF!




I did great emotionally during the ultrasound itself but when we got in the car & I was holding the strip of pictures looking at this precious little life growing inside me, I lost it. I was so overwhelmed with joy. I will try to describe it for you....after experiencing one pregnancy & knowing the love I had for Charlotte the day she was born & then seeing how MUCH that love has grown over the past 16 months, I am floored that I get to do it all over again. I can't believe how the Lord increases a parent's capacity to love with each addition to the family & I am SO looking forward to loving this baby & any more that we are given. It is a reminder that the love I have for my children pales in comparison to the love God has for us. Even then, I am thankful that He allows me to experience the joy found in loving a child.

2 comments:

  1. It's exciting to watch your love for your children! What a blessing! Can't wait to see if we're buying pink or blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pics and love what you said about expecting another baby! God is great and I can't wait either! I'm so glad we get to share in this all again :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete