Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Viability

24 weeks pregnant= VIABILITY!!



24 weeks is an exciting point to reach in pregnancy because if she were to arrive, a medical team would intervene to help keep her alive. As many of you know, 24 weeks is still SUPER early but it is amazing to know that she is already to that point! I remember being about this pregnant with Charlotte & having the opportunity to deliver a patient that was 24-25 weeks along. I went to visit the family in the NICU the following week & was just in awe as I watched her move around. It was funny to see the little jerky movements with her arms and legs & realize that those are the same movements they make inside their mommas. I smiled and thought "so that is what Charlotte is doing when I feel that funny wiggle!" So, we will pray that Miss Eloise can stay growing inside me for at least another 14 weeks while still believing that God has already picked the perfect day for her to arrive.





I am feeling great this week. I mentioned before that we have dealt with all kinds of sickness around here. To top it off, the day after Valentine's Day, I lifted Charlotte to put her in her car seat & immediately felt this AWFUL pain in my lower back. The next 2 days, I was unable to sit up or stand without Robby doing all the work. It was a little scary & frustrating really. We had some wonderful friends that were willing to show up at my house & spend the day with me to help with Charlotte. This was all we asked them to do....they did SO much more! Cleaning and cooking + keeping me company or letting me take a 3 hour nap....those things combined with a pain medication, muscle relaxer, heating pad & ice packs helped me make it through Wednesday-Friday. Over the weekend, I felt much better & today I would say I am almost back to normal. Although normal now includes being extra careful when lifting my little chubster ; ) I will say I greatly enjoyed feeling every movement Eloise made while spending so much time in bed or on the couch.




Eloise has been showing off some pretty crazy dance moves the past few days! She should weigh over a pound now & it definitely feels like she is long and lanky when I feel a foot on one side of the belly and a head on the other : ) We are excited to get moving on some projects in the girls room! Robby is going to build Charlotte a toddler bed that she can move into sometime between now and when Eloise is ready to move from the cradle to the crib. I have some bird houses to paint & hang, some floor pillows to make for in front of the bookshelf, flat sheets to match for the toddler bed & a blankie for Eloise. This on top of getting up into the attic to pull out the little bitty clothes, setting up the bouncer & thinking about how to take care of a newborn again will probably consume a good amount of time in the coming weeks.




We are anticipating a week spent with each set of grandparents in March. I am looking forward to having someone here that loves playing with my busy toddler so this momma can put her feet up and relax!

4 comments:

  1. You look so wonderful! I am about 12 weeks behind you and I'm already afraid of the whale I will inevitably become. But I say Bring It! I'm excited to see how Charlotte reacts to her new sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore you Lauren. Both of you are such wonderful pictures of God and His love. Blessings on your family. I love you all very much my friend and can't wait until we see each other again. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your back is better!! Ouch. And the projects sound fun, and I know they will be cute! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to think about God's perfection in creating the human body! What an amazing design. I'm glad us mommies get to carry them around as they are being formed cell by cell. We'll be praying that baby arrives right on time! Enjoy these next weeks!

    Love, Rose

    ReplyDelete