Friday, July 29, 2011

Eloise at 2 Months

Eloise will be 2 months old tomorrow & is changing more everyday. Over the past month we have seen too many little grins to count & have continued enjoying any snuggles we can get! She is beautiful....I know every mother says that about her child but really, I think she is so pretty. I am in love with her little chin & can't stop kissing it : )


Her toes are precious as well. They get daily kisses from us & the dogs : )





THE STATS:


11 pounds 14 ounces


23 inches


Weight, Height & Head Circumference all 75th percentile


Our typical day includes nursing about every 3 to 3.5 hours with a feed after just 2 hours from the last at bedtime. She has been consistent with nursing around 8pm, sleeping until 4am then waking at 7:30 to start the day. Last night, she made it until nearly 5:30am! Her early morning feeding is super fast & she is back to sleep without a peep which means mommy is back to sleep fairly quickly as well. Like I said, that is our typical day which doesn't include those random growth spurts requiring more frequent feedings. She naps between each feeding, most naps are 1.5-2.5 hours except for the last mini snooze of the day lasting about 30 minutes when we are getting Charlotte in bed. That is the one in the swing : ) She still loves to be swaddled...it keeps her arms from flailing about. She is getting better & better at falling asleep on her own thanks to the busy bee of a big sister she has. Many times I lay her down then am tending to Charlotte or taking a dog out while she fusses & within 5 minutes, she is usually sound asleep. She is not interested in a pacifier but every now & then will have a finger or fist in her mouth.




Most mornings Rob, Elo & I go into Charlotte's room together so the girls can have a little snuggle time. I think this might be Charlotte's favorite part of the day! We love it too. It is sweet to see them together. Eloise is starting to like being around Charlotte a little more & smiles pretty often while being held. We are still CONSTANTLY reminding Charlotte to give Eloise some space.....no progress!
Eloise got to take her first trip to the swimming pool last week. We joined Aunt Jenny & Karis for a morning dip in the neighborhood pool. It felt wonderful in the Florida heat. Eloise didn't seem to mind the cool water at all then took a snooze in the stroller while we played with the big girls.
Still mellow, Elo has become more content to spend time in the bouncer while we eat a meal & even falls asleep in the swing on occasion. Charlotte was addicted to the swing at this age but Eloise much prefers her bed. I think this is a good thing but it is nice for her to relax enough to snooze in the swing when I need an extra 10 minutes to gather things to get out of the house. She also likes the Bumbo chair. It cracks us up every time we see her in it. She looks so small to be sitting up!I have really been enjoying the bedtime feeding & snuggle time with her. She is super alert & smiley right after so I tell her how precious she is & she coos back at me.....melts my heart! Every now & then she does an almost giggle. Can't wait to hear the real ones! Here she is right before bed tonight.... Happy 2 months Baby Elo! We love you & your adorable little grin!

1 comment:

  1. love it! she is so precious, that last picture is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete