Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Leaving....on a jet plane

Tomorrow is the big day....the day I have been anticipating since I booked our tickets in August.

Tomorrow will prove if I am brave or just plain dumb ; )

I am flying to Texas with Charlotte & Eloise.....BY MYSELF!

The options were to fly to & from with Robby & stay for a long weekend or go alone with my 2 BFF's & stay for nearly 2 weeks. I debated a bit what I should do & Robby encouraged me to go with the second option. He said that even if it was pure torture for all of us (and those seated nearby), it was only 2 & a half hours & then it would be over. Worst case scenario, I tell him I can't come home unless he comes to get me or gets my mom a ticket to fly home with us ; )

Honestly though, I am really excited & just a tad nervous about our time on the plane. I have been doing a lot of thinking about possible scenarios that could cause stress. The one scenario that worries me is that Charlotte does not do well when she says "Mommy tee tee potty" & I say we have to wait for a minute. It usually turns into a really loud repetitive "MOMMY TEE TEE POTTY!!!" Once we arrive in the bathroom on the airplane, it will be a circus with Eloise in a carrier on me, a diaper bag & a 2 year old that likes to investigate everything. It makes me grin just thinking about it. I will have to desanitize her upon exiting the airport : ) Nursing a baby on the plane is always an adventure then to add a big sister that might need to go "tee tee potty," wow, this could be really adventurous! Also, security should be a blast...Charlotte will probably try to climb onto the conveyor belt ; ) She has turned into a climber in the past 2 weeks....the pantry shelves, the barstools in the kitchen, onto the back of the couch & then the dividing wall behind the couch where she leaps off onto the couch shrieking with joy. I am praying for a calm & joyfully obedient child for tomorrow morning.

The other thing that I have given much thought to is how to keep little miss busy body entertained on the airplane. Here is my bag o' tricks!

What do we have for 2 & a half hours of entertainment?
- New crayons in our crayon roll up that my friend Gretchen made for Char


- a Hello Kitty coloring book with stickers


- a "Beautiful Brianna" doll with long hair, a brush & a little kitty cat


- 2 sticker books (one down on the farm & a pretty in pink dress up one)


- cheerios with pipe cleaners to string them onto


- felt shapes with a ribbon "snake" to slide them onto

- and my favorite, the new buckle board.

Charlotte is obsessed with buckles. Every time I go to put Eloise in her bouncer, car seat or swing, the buckle has been buckled....and I know it's not by me or Robby : ) If you dare try to buckle her into her car seat you might not do it again, ha! She likes to do it herself. I am hoping that she will find this very entertaining!
Last resort, I downloaded an Angelina Ballerina app on my iphone that will surely capture her attention!

My BFF's for the plane ride



CharlotteEloise


You may notice that there isn't anything pictured for Eloise.....I know just the thing that will solve any boredom, sadness or not to mention, hunger on the plane ; ) True statement but I packed a book & a couple little toys for her.

We can't wait to get there & visit with those we love & miss SO much! Texas here we come!

1 comment: