This year's celebration might have been one of my favorites for multiple reasons....
One, no one in the family had a stomach bug SEE PREVIOUS ANNIVERSARY POST HERE.
Two, we had discussed waiting until January to celebrate but someone who knows I LOVE surprises totally surprised me. I was in the middle of one of those afternoons where the girls woke up from their naps early & I was just staring at them thinking, what am I going to do now? I must have looked a little depressed or something because Robby asked me the typical question "Are you going to make it?" "I'm not sure" I replied. Ha....does anyone else ever feel like this? Anyway, he then asked me if I needed a surprise & I am sure my eyes lit up. He took Charlotte in the other room & I heard him tell her, "go give this to mommy." She handed me a piece of paper that had this printed on it.....
Underneath it said, "You & me, dinner & a show, Friday night?" - RV." I could hardly believe it I was SO excited. Then he said that it gets better.....Hugo & Juanita were going to keep the girls over night & I could sleep in as late as I wanted on Saturday morning!! Seriously, with the previous weeks leading up to our anniversary, the total days of a waking time prior to 5:30 am far exceeded the days where we slept till 7. I told Rob that sleeping in might be as good as dinner and a show ; )
So, we dropped the girls off around 4:30 with Juanita, the supermom who took care of 2 two year olds & a 6 month old until her hubby got home. We went back to the house to get ready for our night out & here is how we turned out.....
We decided to eat at Bongos Cuban Cafe in Downtown Disney. It was delish! I have no shame in saying that I really enjoy eating a meal without helping a toddler behave & nursing a baby at the same time. The food just tastes so much better & I seem to be in a more relaxed mood ; ) We went all out & got appetizers, drinks, the main course, dessert, tea for me & an espresso for Rob.
Fun fact about me, I am 28 years old & had never ordered an alcoholic beverage until we were on this date. I was looking at the menu & one caught my eye so I ordered it! It was just a simple berry mojito that I enjoyed every tasty sip of. I think I may have been a little silly for about 30 minutes which is why I don't order drinks like that ; )
All that to say, dinner at Bongos was fabulous as we sat outside (me under a heater), took our time eating, chatting & listening to a group sing Christmas music at a stage next to the restaurant. After dinner, we strolled down the walkway along the water then headed over to the theater for Cirque du Soleil.
Neither of us had seen a Cirque du Soleil show before so we were very excited. It was incredible! I kept thinking that surely someone would fall & break their neck while performing all these crazy stunts. Thankfully everyone survived & we were wowed over & over again. There were multiple favorite parts & I would say to anyone who hasn't seen one, put it on your wish list!
We got home, took the pups out & then put a fan on in our room to insure a good nights sleep for me. I do remember thinking I heard Eloise crying multiple times....why does that happen? I did sleep well though...right up till 8:45 when I woke up & then laid in bed looking at the ceiling until I felt like putting forth the effort to roll out of bed & stand up. This is SO different than jolting out of bed to nurse a screaming baby! Robby had my hot tea waiting for me at the kitchen table where we sat and discussed further how absolutely crazy the people we saw in the show were. We then did a "clean as fast as you can & as much as you can in 30 minutes" at my request before picking up the girls. That was an anniversary gift in itself!
Char & Elo received a great report from their honorary mother, father & sister while we were on our date. Thank you heaps & heaps Hugo & Juanita! We headed home feeling reconnected as a couple & ready to jump back into life with 2 babies in the house.
It was a happy anniversary for sure, spending it with my sweet Rob that I vowed to share every part of my life with on December 18, 2004. I am thankful that God has been gracious to us in deepening our love & affection for one another & for Him. Onto the next year!


That sounds FANTASTIC! Good job on a great surprise Robby! Also, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who sometimes feels like I might not survive until bedtime :)
ReplyDelete