Monday, February 18, 2013

Snip Snip- Eloise & the first haircut!

Eloise beat Charlotte in the rate of hair growth & required a haircut months before her sissy did! She probably could have used a haircut a couple months ago but I started putting it in pigtails & we all melted at the cuteness so it got put off. 

Here she is just before leaving last Friday for the big cut! Crazy looking huh?

I was really sad to hear that the place in Avalon Park where Char got her first haircut had closed down.  I resorted to "googling" to find a salon for kiddos. I found one not too far so we made appointments for both girlies.  I figured it might be a LONG time before they get another one once the boys are here : ) 

Eloise picked the race car to sit in & she was not too sure about it...



Then she got a lollipop & realized there was a mirror in front of her...


Anytime she felt a little unsure, her big sister was there to provide encouragement. She placed her hand on Elo's knee a few times & told her how she was a big girl & that it doesn't hurt to get a haircut. Pretty precious!

We were debating on the way in whether we should have bangs cut on Charlotte. Thankfully Eloise went first  & we witnessed the stylists inability to follow directions.  I had requested that she barely trim Elo's bangs which upon arrival swept across her forehead & tucked behind her ear. This woman was very nice but did the exact opposite of what we asked.  She brushed Eloise's bangs straight down & snipped straight across about an inch & a half above her eyebrows!! That sealed the deal, Charlotte would just be getting a trim, or so we thought ; ) 

Eloise was happy as could be & smiled nearly the whole time...

Here she is when it was all complete & she looked in the mirror....

Eloise got to spend some more time playing in the car while Char hopped onto the motorcycle without hesitation. SO different than her first haircut. She is quite the pro at climbing onto her Daddy's motorcycle all by herself so it didn't surprise me that she chose a motorcycle instead of the princess chair.

For Charlotte I requested that she just trim her hair & specifically said "no more than a HALF INCH." She combed the back of her hair down straight & snipped off a good three inches! What the heck? It turned out cute but is way shorter than we had hoped.  We will definitely go somewhere else next time : )  I will have to post a picture soon of both new hair-dos, they are pretty cute!

As irritated as this situation made us, it provided for some good wide eyed "what the heck" looks followed by a good laugh in the car.  The part that made me laugh the hardest was that after Elo's cut she put these little Hello Kitty clips in her hair.  Eloise played & watched Charlotte get her haircut with them in.  At Charlotte's first cut they put a clip in her hair as a gift to take home so I was just assuming that it was the norm.  So, when it came time to check out, she asked me from across the room "You like the clips?" to which I replied "yes, they are cute" thinking that she made them or something but then I heard her say "uh hum" as she grinned and added further charges to our ticket. I quickly said "I like them but would not like to buy them today." She looked irritated & came right over to Eloise and pulled them out of her hair! Haha! It was so awkward I had to grin in the moment. I just thought that was really deceptive...another reason I would not return or refer people here. 

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and we enjoyed seeing Eloise get her monumental first haircut.  She is right around the corner from turning two in just 3 more months! In many ways, she still seems like a baby but I know once Owen & Anson are here that she will seem huge! For now, she is still my baby : ) She is loving giving big kisses right on the smacker & gave a sticky lollipop kiss to her Daddy before getting out of her race car.  You know he loved every bit of the stickiness that came with that sweet kiss! 


2 comments:

  1. Never let your grandmother cut your children's hair! Not to be ageist but that lady is probably stuck in the 60's which is why she cut their hair to her liking and not yours. glad it turned out, but good grief! And thankfully, hair grows back:) Hugs to the Valentines! Ganene

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness that picture of elo after the cute...melt my heart, so cute! I cannot believe how crazy that place was! Not following directions and trying to scam you into spending more, yeesh! Glad their hair looks cute despite her ignoring your requests! Hard for those two girlies not to look cute though :)

    ReplyDelete