We really love the 4th of July & have spent years at the lake, at friends houses or with too many people somewhere watching fireworks. This year (like the past few years) we decided to be as laid back as possible making plans to stay home & last minute, inviting a family over for a morning swim. I was anticipating heading to work for the night around 6pm so home, relaxing & napping fit the bill.
The pool was filled up & the girls got right down to business as soon as Annie, Hannah, Lawson & Lilah arrived.
Okay, I don't mean to brag but it just doesn't get much cuter than this....
![]() |
| Anson & Owen who looks like he is falling asleep. |
These adorable little guys watching from the minimal amount of shade we have in the backyard. They were quite content to watch the big kids splash about in the pool.
.jpg)
I'd say we got a pretty decent picture of our four despite Anson's silly face. I think he was squirming to get away from his wet sister. I know this because I did the very same thing when she came near me.
As little as they are, Owen & Anson aren't the newest babies anymore in the bunch of children we have between all our friends. Miss Lilah Leigh joined us & couldn't have been prettier. She is nearly three weeks old & bringing her family (and ours) many smiles. She was less than impressed by the kids in the pool ; )
Annie & her little ladies....
Annie & her husband Eli moved into a house around the corner from Steve & Jenny in December last year. We met them within the first few weeks when they came to our Life Group one evening. We hit it off immediately & have grown to really enjoy our time spent with this wonderful family. Their daughter Hannah is about a week younger than Charlotte while Lawson is a few months older than Eloise. They get along well which makes spending time together even more enjoyable! Annie invited me to be with her during her labor & delivery with Lilah & capture it all in photos. I returned the next morning to photograph Hannah & Lawson meeting their baby sister as well. We got some incredible photos that I know Annie & Eli will enjoy for years. I am convinced that those two events are my FAVORITE to photograph. I keep trying to think of a way to have my own little business doing that....hmm.... Anyway, back to the 4th of July. We were bummed that Eli had to work that morning but were glad that Annie was up to venturing out with her crew.
There was a whole lotta splashing & jumping & running going on with the four big kids. It's crazy how much fun a 5 foot diameter pool with 10 inches of water can provide!
Up until the 4th, our little Florida born babies had not taken their first swim. We thought a pool full of crazy kids was just what they needed for the exciting moment of cold water inching up your body (and splashing all over your face) opposed to the nice calm, warm baths they are used to.
Anson was the first guinea pig...
.jpg)
Owen, who I would have predicted might hate this experience the most really surprised us. He even let Charlotte hold him!
The big kids dried off & were complaining of hunger pains so we got some lunch out to satisfy their desires. They were all pretty grumpy until they got some food in their bellies. Annie & I were laughing as we watched them try to share their chairs. Lawson & Eloise were both interested in the same one & could not hide their disgust...
Handsome Anson with Daddy & Mommy. He is a good little snuggler with all his squishiness...
We would have loved to get a picture with Mighty-O but he was busy showing off his guns for baby Lilah....
and then was completely overcome by sleepiness as he snuggled on Annie.....the baby whisperer.
Owen is 3 months & one week older than Lilah but is not too much bigger than she is. Lilah was 8lbs 8oz of sweetness when she was born & I am guessing that Owen is now in the 10 pound range. They actually kind of look alike in this picture. Maybe Annie & I could pass O, A & L off as triplets ; )
Once we gobbled down lunch & our guests left, we got half the kids down for naps & then I followed. I have not talked much about going back to work but when I returned on June 1st, I went to night shift working 7pm-7am once a week. More on that later but it is working really well for our family. I took a three hour nap, woke up, fixed some dinner & headed to Winnie, the baby factory of the East. It was the busiest night since I have been back to being a working woman so it was easy to stay awake. We welcomed many a firecracker baby & had some stubborn ones that waited till the wee hours of the morning to make their debut. We did hear that some staff got to watch the Lake Eola fireworks from the unfinished 11th floor & could see the Disney fireworks in the distance. My pregnant mamas kept me so busy I don't think I even got a bathroom break till after midnight ; )
I got a text from Rob around 11 that said "the neighbors grand finale scared the tee tee out of Eloise" haha! Rob said he was in his room & the girls were both asleep when it got really loud. He met them in the living room as they were running through the house screaming. They opened up the playroom window & had a front row seat to a lovely show with Eloise in the nude. Charlotte told me about the "firecracks" the next morning.
There is not a whole lot that is "laid back" about life right now but there are things that encourage more relaxing instead of stress & those are the things we love right now. The 4th was as relaxing as it could be!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment