Monday, December 15, 2014

Anson at 21 months

Anson, the official baby of the family is 21 months old! He too will be represented with old pictures for sanity's sake. He's quite expressive & precious. 


21 things about Anson at 21 months:

  1. He is always looking to entertain & get a laugh out of someone....there are five of us to work with & he usually succeeds. 
  2. He can be impatient in the car yelling "GO" every time we slow down to stop. I decided to pull out the "Go Dog Go" book (which has been a huge hit) to explain that the red light means stop & the green light means go. It's not working yet ; ) 
  3. On the other hand, he has melted my heart this past week in the car even with his outbursts. He was crying "mama, mama" & pointing at my visor until I opened it & he was able to see me. His grin was soooo sweet & he has spent the rest of our time either staring at me with those big brown eyes or waving & saying "hello!" 
  4. He says "okay" all the time but it is hilarious because he says it just like me. I usually say this when all are out of control & I exhale while saying "oh-kay, let's all just take it down a notch." 
  5. He likes to count & it usually goes like this. Mommy- "one," Anson- "two," Mommy- "three," Anson- "GO!" 
  6. While he does not have a rooster puff like his bro he does do a great rooster impression sounding like "coo-a-doo-doo."
  7. His favorite book is "Hello Texas" & he loves to imitate all the sounds like the cannon says "BOOM" & the quiet river says "shhhh." I know the river doesn't actually say that but it was the only sound I could think of ; ) 
  8. He loves to build towers & is deeply offended when Owen stops by for a visit & sends it tumbling to the ground. He has impressed us with his balance & ability to stack a good 15 wooden blocks without them falling. He is adorable when the stack gets as tall as him & he attempts to stand on his toes to place the top block on before passing it to a sister for help. 
  9. Back to the dinner table....Anson places his utensils or food on his head (another balancing act) & stares at you with a straight face until you laugh. He actually forgot his crackers were on top of his head last week & started crying until his Daddy reminded him of their location. 
  10. He also loves yogurt raisins but that's no surprise. This kids is a garbage disposal who will eat anything & everything placed in front of him. 
  11. He was sound asleep the other morning (14 hours after being placed in his crib the other night) & I had to wake him to join us for the tail end of breakfast. He was so drowsy until I said "Ansy, do you want some pancakes?" to which he responded with jumping to a standing position & saying "Yay! Pa-cakes!"
  12. When the water starts to run out in the tub he lays down on his belly & acts like he is on the Olympic Skeleton team but must reverse every 36 inches. Owen decided to join him the other night, got directly in front of his teammate & Anson decided to take a bite of the tushie in the way. I'm certain they will love that story in about 15 years ; )
  13. When you say "Who loves you?" He says Mama, Dada." When you ask "Who made you?" He says Mama, Dada (true) but when asked again he says "Goh!" for God. 
  14. He says "Ummm" a lot when you ask him a question & really looks like he is thinking of a witty answer....although he can't express it yet. What a little comedian! 
  15. He loves construction anything & quickly identifies the Roller. He could not have been more excited when we saw a real life roller coming down our street the other day!
  16. He tries to copy his brother & jump while holding onto the side of the crib. One kid gets some serious air while the other looks like he might have stepped in super glue. I will let you guess which is which ; ) 
  17. Charlotte can't stop singing Jingle Bells (and driving us crazy) but Anson can't get enough & says "Moh!" at the end of every tune. 
  18. He does the most hilarious tiger impression when it's time to get out of the bathtub & again keeps the most serious face while growling at you & crawling in a very tiger like way. 
  19. He enjoys some eskimo kisses with mommy on a daily basis. 
  20. This little guy always has two blankets in hand & has wiggled his finger through the corner of one. It helps him identify his quickly & if we try to trick him with Owen's he is not a happy camper. 
  21. He (& his bro) give Daddy the warmest welcome imaginable at the end of every day. Lots of screams, running to the door, big hugs & following him around for the first 15 minutes. I think it makes someone feel pretty special. I'm glad...because he is. I feel like doing the same thing when he comes home ; )  




Oh & he loves his brother more than I could ever express in words. He spends lots of time trying to squish him during the day whether he is backing up onto an already full lap (me with Owen) or climbing into something already occupied....but what's new? He has been squishing that boy since they were in the womb!


21 months with the Ansonater & boy do we love him! Between holidays & starting off a new year, I have a feeling I will wake up surprised with two year old boys. Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment