Talk about catching up on blogging, Charlotte lost her first tooth the same week Arlo was born & I am just now writing about it! One teeny tiny tooth on the bottom, had become more wiggly by the day as we cringed each time she showed off how wiggly it really was. I was telling Robby that he would have to pull it out & we laughed as he shuddered & said he couldn't do it. Then we got really serious when I googled how many teeth a kiddo loses before getting all those adult teeth. My eyes were wide & my heart was racing when I announced it was 20 teeth. That times five children... "Robby! That is 100 teeth we have to watch wiggle, pull or witness falling out!" He corrected me with a grin saying "actually it's only 98 because Owen is missing two!" Haha! It reminded me of when we added Owen & Anson to the family & realized that I was responsible to trim 100 nails (including myself)...now that's up to 120 : )
The Saturday after Arlo was born I was up at 6:30 marveling over his sweetness while I fed him. I was wondering how it was possible to love another baby as much as I did & he was only four days old. I was tearful. Robby's cousin Ana was to be married that day & I sent Aunt K a text letting her know I was thinking of her as I sat looking at this little baby just wondering how it must feel after all those years of caring for & shaping into an adult that walks down the aisle to join their life with another. How deep is that love when it already feels so breath taking at the four day mark. More tears in my eyes when I hit send. Five minutes pass, Charlotte & Robby return from getting donuts. She rushes into my room & looks like this....
She exclaimed "MY TOOTH FELL OUT! DADDY PULLED IT!" I lost it, the tears were flowing. It was one step closer to that aisle I had just been thinking about. I stared at Arlo's toothless little mouth thankful that he was still so very far from that monumental farewell to the first baby tooth. I was probably partially crying because I was so excited Robby had pulled the first one committing himself to the next 97.Char grabbed a bag & labeled appropriately. She was excited to use a "permament" marker as her baby sis says.
She knows who actually swaps out the tooth but we all played along anyway. I picture myself looking like this as I swoop in & reach under her pillow..
Where did our baby go? The one who didn't have teeth or hair till she was 15 months old?? Looking back at the post, the first tooth in was the first tooth out!
Sweet little baby to beautiful young lady...
One down, nineteen more to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment