This sweet little buckaroo is hitting the seven month mark this week & we can't believe the amount of joy he brings to our family each & every day. His smiles, belly laughs & interaction with his brothers & sisters keep us well entertained & thankful that he's ours.
It was about time to let him borrow a big bubby's shirt from back in the day for a little photo shoot. He proved to be just as cute as they were....
STATS
17 pounds
26 inches
size 3 diapers & mostly 9 month clothing
Our kiddos end up with all sorts of nicknames & many times with no reason. Some names that are often heard: Bubble Monster, Arley, Darlo, Oogi Googi, Lovey Boy & Schnukums. It really doesn't matter what you call him as long as you say it with a sweet voice....he always responds with a smile. He is extremely easy going, certainly the most out of the bunch. That is an important quality for the caboose of the family! Often if he's bored he just gets ahold of those delicious tootsies & is content once again...
I don't blame him, I can't help but kiss those feet all day long! We also can't stop kissing his drool covered little chin & neck.
Some things this little buckaroo is up to:
- he has an insatiable appetite for books & unless he has a toy he is chewing on when the book starts, he pulls it up to his mouth with a death grip & would chew it to shreds if we don't take it away
- he laughs the most when Robby kisses him under his chin with much gusto. It turns into a scream laugh pretty quickly & gets us all laughing
- he is excellent at sitting up & if he does fall he is able to catch himself &do some move where he snakes onto his belly
- he acts like he is permanently in a jumperoo when you hold him
- if you lay him on his back he immediately rolls to his tummy
- he can combine rolling with pushing himself forward from a knee tucked tummy position & make it a good distance across the room. I first realized this when I left him on his playmat & within minutes he had rolled under the bed!
- he looooooves being in the Ergo & makes my heart melt when he leans back & grins at me. He doesn't mind riding piggy back while I'm in the kitchen.
- he tries to play peek a boo when he is snuggled on my chest burying his face then popping up slowly after I say "where's Arlo?"
- he stares at Bella a lot & is good from a distance but when he is in the highchair & she comes near him he loses it
- he's definitely a tummy sleeper & thumb sucker
He is not always a happy guy...
but when he gets that thumb, all is right with the world..
Eating & Sleeping: I'm not sure what my problem is but we are in & out of our nighttime routine & it's driving me crazy & making me so tired! I figured by numero cinco I would have it down pat but clearly that's not the case, haha! Daytime he's predictable nursing around 7:30, 11, 1 & 4. He usually naps from 9-11 & 1:30-3:30 & falls asleep quickly when put down wide awake. He is a super speedy eater & can be done in a about 5 minutes. He doesn't mind a bottle but doesn't get one often since we are attached at the hip or he's attached to something else ; ) He nurses around 6:45 & goes down for the night. Sometimes he sleeps for 12 hours, more often he wakes between 3:30 & 5 for another feeding then sleeps till morning & on really exciting nights he wakes up every three hours & screams for fun. He also coordinates with his brothers to never let us have a night off. On the nights Arlo sleeps 10 hrs +, some other brother wets the bed or can't manage to stay under covers for more than an hour. Last week I woke up one morning feeling more refreshed than I had in weeks. I was raving about it when I realized the monitor was off! Who knows what happened but he was still alive...hungry but alive when I saw him when the sun came up. I felt sorry for him but I'm considering "forgetting" again & see if we can get out of this exhausting lack of routine!
A bit more on eating- I have been reading up on baby led weaning where instead of pureeing all the food they are self feeding soft pieces of food they can smush up & swallow on their own. I thought it would be worth a try. We tried bananas, they made him cry but they do the same thing to me. We tried avocado which he enjoyed more than the bananas until it all came back up 10 minutes later. One lunch time all the kids were at the table & Arlo was sitting next to the boys (first mistake). I gave him a slice of pear that he was sucking on. He spit some out so I put it away & cleaned him up. Ten minutes later he was drooling like a rabid dog & I thought he might have a piece of pear stuck in there. I scooped him up, flipped him over & gave him some pretty hard pats on the back. I almost died when he shot out a chunk of hotdog!!! I lost it & yelled "who put hotdog on Arlo's tray?" This question was directed at the three year olds who at the same time & with straight faces said "ELOISE!" Eloise was horrified & happy to know I didn't believe them. Owen confessed to the crime.
He is the fifth child, maybe hotdogs are a good first food ; ) We've got to watch out for that little Owee. I heard him singing to Arlo "patty cake patty cake baker's man, I'll bake you in a cake as fast as I can" haha!
We are hoping to move the boys into the "bunkhouse" (as O&A call it) once we are settled in our new house but after the hotdog incident, Owen's threat to bake Arlo in a cake & valid concern about acrobatics on a top bunk this may be postponed.....to never.
Just to compare buckaroos one, two & three. Arlo, Owen, then Anson.
All that's left to say is we just love him...









No comments:
Post a Comment