Say what? It's already time to go back to school? These five + their mama were actually really excited to get back into the swing of things! This year it's 3rd grade for Charlotte, 1st for Eloise, Pre-K for Owen & Anson, then Arlo gets to tag-along. Everybody loves him.
and those little learners with their favorite teacher....
I don't think I am actually their favorite teacher all the time but I certainly love them more than any other teacher ever will : ) I guess Arlo was reluctant to go. It was only 8am & he had already started the belly button rubbing. The good news is that he survived with minimal amount of tears. He even let them dip his hands in paint! Anson was just about the cutest little thing & did his very first presentation. I was shocked that he even stood up to speak. He had his cue cards. The first was his name & age, the second was Grammy & Papa & the third was a raccoon in a cage that was caught at Grammy & Papa's house. It was short & sweet.
Arlo was attached to my leg when I picked him up.
The only bummer about being a tutor is that I miss out on being a part of the girls' classes. Thankfully they have incredible women (and friends) teaching them this year. I heard great reports about their first day. Here are the chickadees from the girls' classes.
The twins with their buddy Moses. They were sooooo cute & had to be separated for week two due to some wiggly-ness & tickling each other. It was awesome. One new & exciting part of this school year is that I am teaching the 4 & 5 year old class! This will be our fifth year in a Classical Conversations Community & due to some changes among tutors I was asked to take over the littlest learners. I am beyond thrilled & am looking forward to getting to know the children & families in my class. It is really special to be in there for the boys' first year. I did call them the wrong names about 10 times that morning & I have no idea why. They had on very different shirts & I can tell them apart but maybe I was so distracted I couldn't get it right! This cycle of CC is my favorite. We are studying American History & Geography, Anatomy & lots of fun English Grammar facts along with many more things. I'm just highlighting my favorite parts!
We stayed for lunch then rushed home to get a look at the solar eclipse. What an incredible way to start the school year! We all looked about a million times between 1 & 3 then found out that Dallas will be a city that will experience a full eclipse in 2024. Countdown is on!
We love these five & are so thankful to have the opportunity to guide them in their education. I get to learn lots of things too! Here's to a great year!










No comments:
Post a Comment