Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Arlo turns Three!


Darling is Arlo is now quite close to turning four but we can't forget how fun it was for him to turn three : ) He melts our hearts day in & day out....even his brothers would admit to that. 

To capture the pure essence of the day I will quote the birthday Instagram post.

"Darling Arlo is now officially young, wild & THREE! We enjoyed celebrating his sweetness on this perfectly rainy fall day. Starting with sausage balls & ending with a birthday serenade from two uncles, it was a good one! Per Arlo's request we have watched & re-watched the birthday video I made documenting his arrival & early days at home. Our favorite part is the transition of songs corresponding with calm newborn to four older siblings anxious to get their hands on the new baby bubby. The lyrics say, "when I hold you in my arms love, something changes, it's the strangest feeling. The things that used to matter, they don't matter to me. When I see you & you're smiling, how my heart aches, so full it is about to break." That's me tonight, the only one still awake at The Nest, feeling that ache, thankful to be mama to that boy. The moment that the Fab Four met their +1 is a treasured memory for the two of us. God knew we needed a caboose for our crazy train & blessed us immensely with his arrival. I'm also thinking about how just before bedtime Eloise taught Arlo her most well known saying..."it's hard to be three" she would know!"

Starting at age two, we discovered the Llama Llama books at the library & began to check out multiple ones every trip. He was such a little guy to be able to walk from the entrance of the library directly to the shelf of the Anna Dewdney books! His favorite by far is Llama Llama Mad at Mama. For a good portion of the past year, he could finish any phrase in the book if you paused. All that to say, a Llama Llama party was THE way to celebrate!


He continually makes us giggle with his facial expressions & how confident he is to point his finger at you so you know he's serious! He was proud of his birthday sign that his siblings made him.


While the girls were at a friends house, the handsome trio helped make pumpkin bread on birthday eve. Most of the time there are too many helping hands & we say "when helping hurts" but this day was the exact opposite. I must have been in a sentimental mood & loved all the help!


I got crafty & had a successful first attempt at iron on vinyl to outfit the birthday boy.


I also made a trash truck shirt that he has worn more times than I can count.  At age three, his two favorite things besides me (of course) are Llama Llama & trash day. He got his very own truck that he has carried out to show the trash man on more than one occasion.  He loves to get Charlotte's Bananagram game tiles & fill up the mini can to dump in the top. It's a mess & he loves it.


He worked on a Llama craft for about 2.5 seconds but then he loved on his Gaga for a bit. I'd pick her too over paper & glue ; )


Grammy & Grandpa brought over some yummy m&m cookies & ice cream.


He loves to find the letter A anywhere he looks & up until recently would say, "look, my name!" He was delighted to find a couple of those on his sign.




I just love birthdays. They are extremely emotional for me & rightly so : ) One last photo of that little darling....


No comments:

Post a Comment