Friday, April 22, 2011

32 weeks, feeling large & in charge

"Flying through each day, yet enjoying every minute." This is the phrase I would use to describe this pregnancy. I will be 33 weeks tomorrow & the due date seems to be just around the corner!

We read a lot of Berenstain Bears growing up & I happened to get the Ellis family copy of The Berenstain Bears' New Baby. This has become one of Charlotte's favorite books lately. I actually haven't gotten tired of it....yet ; ) The page pictured below makes me laugh. It is SO accurate!




I definitely do not have much of a lap left for her to sit on but she desperately tries everyday. Charlotte smushes Eloise very frequently. It is a gentle smush but causes little sister to fight back! She kicked hard enough a couple weeks ago that Charlotte actually noticed. I am not quite sure if she realized what was actually happening but she did say "baby" with a smile on her face.




So the update for 32 weeks:





  • After bragging about how I was gaining weight slowly while still consuming massive quantities of white sprinkle donuts & ordering late night pizzas, I almost had a heart attack when I gained 7 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. It was actually pretty funny....Rob was like, "what do you expect?" He is the one who sees me fill my appetite most often. Still, I am thinking I will be at least a bit less than I was with Charlotte in the final days of pregnancy.


  • Her heart rate is usually around 140 at each visit


  • She moves like a dancing queen after I eat even 1 M&M


  • She also moves for the first hour after I lay down to go to bed making it nearly impossible to fall asleep....I really love this time because I have zero distractions & can just enjoy it


  • I am measuring a week & a half to 2 weeks ahead according to fundal height. This is not surprising after already having one baby on the larger side & because we chose the name "Eloise" meaning healthy & wide ; )


  • We have an ultrasound scheduled for May 11th to get a more accurate idea of how chubby her cheeks & thighs are...did I mention I love chubby babies?


  • My ankles started swelling this week- same exact week as last time


  • People that don't know me are frequently saying, "Wow, that baby looks like it's going to come out any day!" What a nice comment. I try not to make them feel bad when I tell them the honest truth.."Well, actually I have nearly 2 months to go & I get WAY bigger than this!"


Here I am at 32 weeks



After much debate (with myself), I shared all the information I had gathered about double strollers with my decision making husband & we officially upgraded to a two seater! We decided on the Baby Jogger City Mini Double. It was super easy to put together, it is lightweight, it has the best canopy, it folds without barely any effort & 2 girlies fit in it perfectly! Also, it represents our Texas Tech Alma Mater well : )




Here are Char & Cousin Karis on their first ride...don't they look happy? ; )


It has actually been used quite a bit. Anytime Jenny & I are out with both girls, we load up this stroller instead of two. Charlotte prefers it over the single stroller when we go for walks. She puts Libby & London on the little baby side. I am sure I look a little crazy but oh well!

Over all, we are doing great & looking forward to meeting sweet Eloise. Every time Charlotte is super giggly we say, "what are we going to do with 2 giggly girls in this house?" I know exactly what we will do.....giggle along with them & remain thankful for the Lord's provision in filling our home with silly girls.

Our bedroom is all set up to accompany the new roomie in June. Her cradle sheet is washed & on the mattress. The chair that I can sit in all night long while nursing a newborn is perfectly positioned next to a lamp & a place to keep my gallon of water. The "projects for girls room" list is almost complete & will require its' own post to feature the cuteness. Plane tickets have been purchased & dates for driving to Orlando have been selected by both sets of grandparents as well as Uncle Scott & Uncle Kyle. All we need is baby Eloise! Eloise & maybe a little more rest in the coming weeks to prepare ourselves ; )

The countdown is on! Come on June!

1 comment:

  1. You look great and I love the stroller! I can empathize with the comments and looks and words of shock when people find out how many weeks you have left...it's been happening to me since about 28 weeks :)
    Keep your eyes out for a little something in the mail!

    ReplyDelete