On Monday, we headed up to a store called the Sewing Studio. I have lived here for nearly 3 years & known about this place but never made the effort to go. WOW! I have been missing out on the best fabric selection around. My mom & I could have spent hours wandering around letting our minds go crazy with prject ideas but since Grandpa was chasing Charlotte around the store, we moved quick. I picked up some fat quarters of Amy Butler fabric (one of my favs) to use on some matching outfits for my girlie pies. They are still in process & I will be excited to share a photo of the finished product sometime very soon! We continued the shopping trip at Stride Rite where Charlotte got a couple new pairs of shoes. I will say, it will be a shame if Eloise doesn't live up to the meaning of her name, "healthy & wide" in the foot department. We have a bin full of wide width shoes for big sister that are in pristine condition because her little tootsies grow so fast! Anyway, it was great to get some new shoes for Char! Thanks Mom & Dad!
Tuesday, I went to work. I was bummed to not get to spend the day with the family but my parents loved having Charlotte all to themselves. They spent the morning at a Butterfly Garden & said it was really enjoyable to walk around. Charlotte had fun looking at caterpillars & butterflies along with birds & even leaves. So easy to entertain : )
Here she is when she spotted a butterfly
looking at what Grandpa was pointing out for her to see
On Wednesday, we took the advice from some of my friends at work and headed to Green Meadows Petting Farm. Apparently it has been around for quite some time as many of them went on field trips there as children. There were lots of animals to look at & pet. We had so much fun! It was like Charlotte's farm book & puzzle had come to life...I think she was kind of in shock at the beginning. She got used to it though & by the end was definitely into getting up close & personal with the animals : )Here is the day in pictures:
Our primary mode of transportation offered to Charlotte. I say "offered" because for a portion of the day Charlotte refused very loudly to have anything to do with the wagon. She was cute while she was in it though!
This made us laugh. It was like she couldn't believe a duckling was real. She stared it down for awhile then stood up & started flapping her arms and saying "cack cack."
Grandma helped her feed a couple goats
Here she is contemplating whether or not to pull the pot bellied pigs' tail
I was the one in shock in the picture below. I thought for sure she would freak out & try to jump off the pony. Instead, she bounced herself up & down with the pony & did not want to get off.
Grandpa followed the tour guides instruction & caught Charlotte a duck to pet. Petting for Charlotte consists of a quick poke with her pointer finger.
We will end with this picture of my pretty little girl. I love that you can see her crazy hair....we can't believe she finally has hair...and that it is curly!
I have to add that the part of the day that made me laugh the hardest was while we were in the pen with the goats. She was petting one & it started pooping. She was leaned around watching it come out and saying "uh-oh, uh-oh, uh-oh." Hilarious!I would venture to say that we will return to the farm. It was a fun place!
Thursday was the rainy day so we made use of our time & pulled out all the baby clothes for Eloise & re-organized the closet & drawers to work for 2 little girls! It was SO nice to have one assistant (Grandpa) playing with Charlotte & another assistant (Grandma) in the closet with me!
On top of taking us to some neat places, my parents would: instruct me to lay on the couch & rest after dinner while they did all the cleaning, offer time for me to take nap each afternoon, & did most of the cooking. It would be an understatement to say it has been difficult to adjust back to normal life around here : )
Thanks for a fun filled week! Can't wait to see you again!


That sounds WONDERFUL! I love all the pics :) Can't wait to see the outfits you are making!
ReplyDelete