Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Eloise at 3 months

Baby Eloise is 3 months old & cute as can be! She has become quite giggly this past month which is absolutely precious. I am fairly confident in saying that we have settled in to the new normal of life with 2 kids & I think Eloise likes having us as her family : ) She usually looks like this.
She is fattening up real nice as I like to say & tipped the scales at 13lb 4oz around the 2.5 month mark. Just for the record, Charlotte only weighed a few ounces over that at 5 months of age! She is most comfortable in 3-6 month clothes & size 2 diapers. She can already wear the shoes that Charlotte got around 5-6 months old! So I guess we could say that she is living up to her name's meaning "healthy & wide!" I love every single roll on her thighs & can't help but squeeze them...it makes her smile real big. We call her "cheeks" quite often, it seems to fit!



My brother Kyle came to visit for nearly a week & we had SO much fun together! The girls love him, especially Charlotte. He is hilarious & keeps us both laughing. He got some quality snuggle time in with his newest niece. I should post a baby picture of him because every now & then I think my girls resemble him. Here is Kyle & little Miss Elo.
She is great at holding her head steady for a long period of time now & is still working hard to enjoy tummy time. She may not like it because her big sissy likes to do her tummy time directly in front of her face. Eloise is really starting to enjoy being around Charlotte. Many times even with a lovingly overbearing big sister only millimeters away from her face, she still manages a grin much to Charlotte's delight. I can't wait until Charlotte can get her to laugh!

This girl lights up when her Daddy is in the room. He lights up too when he is around his girlie pies! He starts the day with us helping in the kitchen while I nurse Elo then he jumps right into the action when he is done working. Char & Elo know that they are loved by their Daddy!
Her typical day includes eating at or close to 7:30, 10, 1, 4, 6:30 & 8 before going down for the night. During week 11 she started sleeping 11-12 hour stretches every night! She has been consistently doing that now for about 10 nights. IT IS AMAZING & I am beginning to feel rested again. We are a big fan of the Babywise method & have had great outcomes with Charlotte & so far with Eloise! She has been waking up around 7 & will just coo to herself until I come to get her. She is a breastmilk only baby thus far & has finally gotten the hang of taking a bottle. This is a good thing because Mommy went back to work a week ago! She likes her naps & is usually ready for them about an hour & 15 minutes after waking up. She decided to ditch the full swaddle around week 11 & now sleeps like she is about to be arrested, arms straight up over her head. I am swaddling her from the chest down to keep her warm & cozy.



She loves being the the sling on me when I am busy chasing around Charlotte or we are out & about but she doesn't mind spending some time in her crib with the mobile on or in the Bumbo chair. In fact, sometimes she gets so comfortable that she just falls asleep....


She is reaching for toys & following us with her eyes really well. When you say "Elo" her eyes get really big which in turn makes us laugh really hard! And yes, her tongue is ALWAYS sticking out just a little bit.


Over all, this might be the happiest easy going baby I have ever been around. Is that typical for a second child? I hope that is typical for a 3rd or 4th as our family grows in the coming years because life with Elo is a breeze!
Just wondering what is in store for us with this sweet girl over the next month! I sure whatever it is will be accompanied by lots of smiles & giggles!

1 comment:

  1. great pics for such a sweetie! I wish she could somehow send brain waves to Joel so that he would sleep 11-12 hours at night...but I think we are getting close now that he is over his cold...we shall see. I also love how chubby she is and that first pic is sooooo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete