Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Beach Trip!

While my brother Kyle was visiting, we decided on a whim to head over to Clearwater Beach to enjoy an afternoon of sunshine. I think I must of forgotten how not fun it is to be at the beach with a teeny baby in the middle of the afternoon....in August : ) We ended up only staying for about an hour before heading over to Tampa Bay for dinner. The time we spent was a blast though! Charlotte ran as fast as she could to the edge of the water, stopped & threw her hands in the air.




Charlotte commanding the ocean

Her own personal life guard


Me & Eloise

my little old lady ; )

Sometimes when Charlotte says "Eloise" it sounds like "Elvis." Maybe she says it on purpose....


Elo's toes in the ocean for the first time


Charlotte didn't take long to warm up to the ocean. She played with a little boy her age for a bit. They ran back & forth many times from the edge of the water to the soft sand. Since our day at the beach she has been saying "boy" alot....yikes!


It didn't bother her at all when she would fall into the waves & get her head wet. I was shocked because she is usually very cautious.


Here she is with a big grin on her face...

I am looking forward to another beach trip when it cools off a little bit....like in November ; ) I do enjoy living in Central Florida & having the choice of 2 coastlines for an afternoon trip!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! And I'm so impressed that Charlotte has so much faith that she believes even the waves will obey her...I love it! Must be some good training going on in your home.

    ReplyDelete