Tuesday, September 20, 2011

And so it begins.....

Charlotte received a box of Disney Princess dresses & accessories for her birthday. It is the new obsession around our house. Char has not seen any Disney Princess movies so this is really her first introduction to anything of the sort. Imaginative play is fabulous & is really picking up in the life of Charlotte. Here are some pictures of the Princess herself.....




This girl does everything to the max. Here she is with all the headbands.


She must feel very beautiful & always wants to bust into her Daddy's office to show off. He loves it & can't ever turn her away! She smiles so sweetly when he tells her how pretty she looks.



The necklace is off & on Charlotte, Eloise & the dogs. It is now out of commission until I can find the piece that hooks the "pearls" together.




She is even cute with just the accessories : ) I think Charlotte may be headed towards the fashion industry as her obsession with accessorizing grows. She loves to add the ladybug headband & sunglasses to the princess outfits. I think it is a great combination...at least for a good laugh!


and a little peek a boo.....






I love seeing my Charlotte be girlie in this new phase. The baby days seem to be over and we are moving full steam ahead into life with a little girl. In watching her dress up, we can clearly see this innate desire to be beautiful....like a princess. We didn't have to teach her how to twirl around with her arms spread wide or smile that sweet little grin that says "I am so adorable right?" As we continue to parent these sweet girls that were given to us to "bring up in the instruction of the Lord," I know there will be many a conversation about beauty in our home. A desire I have is for Charlotte & Eloise to be know that they are absolutely beautiful because God made them in His image. I definitely feel unprepared for what is coming but am so thankful that God will guide us through the years ahead. He will reveal himself in His word & through other godly people surrounding us giving the wisdom we need at the time we need it.



This week, we continue telling Charlotte & Eloise how beautiful they are. We ask "Who made you?" & Charlotte answers "God!" then, "Why did God make you?" Charlotte usually attempts to repeat the answer "to glorify Him & enjoy Him!" which usually comes out as "doy him!"



My daily prayer for these girls is that they would love Jesus. That alone will shape the way they view themselves because in Jesus, they see what true beauty really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment