Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Celebrating Jenny & baby Isaac

Oh how I love baby showers...especially when it is for my sister-in-law & nephew to be! Here is that beautiful mommy with a growing belly & a curious Karis taking a peek....
My nephew will be given the name Isaac Haddon & is expected to arrive around March 7th.  Head over to Jenny's blog to read more about how they chose his beautiful name. He will be the long awaited, first boy on both sides of the family following 5 girls on one side & 3 on the other! So exciting!

As the nursery plans are coming together, Jenny & Steve decided on a rustic theme including a plaid quilt Grandma Joyce is working on, a cute little moose (pictured below) & warm, rich colors throughout. Traci & I decided to keep the same theme for our little baby celebration. 

I collected some pinecones from our neighbors yard & some beautiful bright green pine needles on our squirrel hunting trip : ) They made for a nice garland to complete the decor.

I am really enjoying my Silhouette Cameo & put it to use on some projects for the shower including nametags, labels, and a glass etched moose on a mug.

Jenny girl, as I like to call her has had quite the obsession with hot chocolate so we decided to have a hot chocolate bar complete with toppings.  It was delish!


Our menu was simple yet rustically inspired:  hot chocolate bar, trail mix, campfire sticks (pretzels), gummy bears, pigs in a blanket & my personal favorite, s'more cookies.

as I type this, I am eating a very large spoonful of the leftover dough....to die for!
Here is the pretty mama enjoying her cup of cocoa & chatting with the other ladies.


If you have heard me talk about my Jenny girl, you know I love her very much.  I could go on all day about all the things I love about her but instead of doing that, we went around the circle & took turns sharing about why Jenny is such an incredible woman.  She is excited about life, she loves Jesus, she is intentional in her parenting to help Karis understand God's love for her, she stands up for what is right, she is a blast to be around, her laugh gets everyone laughing rather quickly, she can eat like a horse when she is pregnant (thanks for that story Anitra!), she goes out of her way to make people feel welcome....just to name a few.  She really is an exceptional woman who desires to serve the Lord in the way she cares for her husband, her daughter & her home.  I have no doubt that she will do well in the balancing act of adding another child into the mix.
Me, Jenny & Traci, the other hostess. Traci came over hours before the shower & cleaned house with me...WOW, such a kind soul! I was beyond thankful.

One of the many clothing items she received.  We Valentines like things that say "Valentine" on it!
Jenny got ALL sorts of clothes & a few blankies, towels, pacis & sippy cups.  Isaac should be stocked up & well dressed for most of his first year of life : )

I love being an auntie to my sweet niece Karis Ann & can hardly wait to get my hands on Isaac! There are many things to be enjoyed about being an auntie.  One of them is the opportunity to go overboard on shopping and/or sewing.  Jenny picked out fabric & my mom & I whipped up a diaper bag, changing pad/diaper clutch & a nursing cover.  Jenny had chosen a couple bags on Etsy that she liked so we did a little combining to make the perfect diaper bag, according to the mommy to be.  I probably could have figured it out on my own but there is nothing quite like having the master seamstress around when I have an intense project on my to-do list. We knocked it out in about 2 evenings


The other fun gift was something that Jeannine, our mother in law & I went in on together.  It was a big box with this poem on the top.
Underneath the poem was a long clothesline with each months' outfit pinned on with clothespins.  It was SO fun to shop for boy clothes! Maybe this Valentine family will get to do that sometime : )



This was too cute to pass up for next February!

And this outfit, oh my, it is like we shrunk one of Steve's shirts & pants down to 12 month size. It was hilarious when she opened it.  Traci works with Steve & said "He totally has that shirt!" Maybe they can take father/son pic in it : )
Here is the whole crew of ladies that showered Jenny with encouragement, love & lots of little clothes!

Now, all they need is Isaac! C'mon buddy, well, wait at least another week or two but boy are we excited to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment