Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sea World 3 on 3

In an attempt to give Aunt Jenny a day of rest, we kidnapped Karis & took off to Sea World with Grammy & Pop Pop. Robby & I just bought passes a week ago & this was my third trip already! We went as a family once & then just the two of us went for date night to do some roller coaster riding without the girls. I say we have gotten our money's worth thus far!

Poor Grammy rode in the far back of the Expedition so the girls car seats could be more easily installed in the middle row.  She was a trooper crawling in the back door & then letting us pack her in tight with 2 strollers & lots of bags. One benefit of her location in the vehicle was that she could easily referee the two big girls that like to pick on each other in the car ; ) 

Once we made it to the park & in the gate, we headed straight over to the Sea Lion show called "Clyde & Seamore take Pirate Island."  It was GREAT! The girls were so glued to the show that no matter how obnoxious I was, I could not get them to glance my way...

After the show was over, per my leading we exited a different way than we entered. I thought we were really close to our stroller entourage but really, we got to walk about half a mile back over to where we "parked." Haha! I had it easy carrying the smallest of the girls in the Ergo but poor ol Pop Pop....I know my Charlee can wear your arms out pretty quickly! Our long trek was rewarded with some up close viewing of the sea lions who were "roaring" like real lions while people fed them fishies.  The girls thought that was pretty great & now have a new animal sound to add to their collection.





We at burgers & chicken sandwiches at the Spice Mill cafe on the water. It was BEAUTIFUL outside so we sat under an umbrella while we ate & Eloise napped in the stroller.  Part way through lunch, music started playing loudly & a water fountain show started.  The big girls loved it! They were up on the bench dancing & waving their arms. 

After everyones tummies were full, Grammy & I took Karis & Charlotte on the Carousel. Karis had never ridden one before so I was a bit nervous to see what her response might be. When she doesn't like something she usually says "bye bye!" She ended up really enjoying it....no "bye byes" Here we are in line...

Charlotte is way into hanging on things & usually exclaims "watch this" or "look at me" over & over while she dangles : ) She also was being silly with the boy who was waiting in front of us in line. She continually lifted her shirt up & flashed him....we really need to work on that ; )
Char rode on a fish & Karis rode on a walrus.  She looks so skeptical in the first but really, she had a blast!
Since it was nice & toasty outside, the girlies got their swimmers on & headed to the splash area.  It was quite refreshing to sit nearby & get a little spray of the reclaimed water that I had to stop Charlotte from drinking numerous times. 


Oh yeah, Eloise was there....she was just strapped to me for the majority of the first half of the day along with the camera : ) Here she is watching the kids play in the water.
I have mentioned before that we are predicting that Char will be a thrill seeker someday. Her favorite part of Sea World is watching the "Rolley Coasties" as she calls them.  We stood under Manta & watched it run at least 4 times. She kept saying "I ride it when I bigger right mommy?" I love that about her. I mean seriously, my brother Kyle & I picked on our brother Scott until he was in 8th grade before we actually convinced him to ride a rolley coastie. The best part was that the one he was so proud of riding was the Woody Woodpecker kiddie roller coaster at Universal : ) Char will definitely out ride her Uncle Scott! Scott, I want you to know that Kyle & I love you and are so sorry for saying anything that hurt your feelings & that you really DID look cool riding that kiddie roller coaster with your arms up when they stretched a foot taller than anyone else on the ride ; ) Maybe you can take Charlotte on that roller coaster when she is tall enough.
Here she is with Pop Pop watching.....and dreaming....

Eloise was a perfect child all day long whether strapped on me or in the stroller. Her nickname is Mellow Elo, what can I say? She liked watching the rolley coastie too!


I should have attempted a group shot first thing in the day instead of at the end. The kiddos weren't too interested in posing & I was a bit off on my camera settings. Oh well, I tried!
Our day ended with some sweet treats at the Bakery/Starbucks near the park exit.  It was a fabulous day & we can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great day! Maybe if/when we come visit next we can all go! Levi and Char can be thrill seekers together while Joel and Eloise chill :)

    ReplyDelete