Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Bunny Bash

We had our last of the birthday celebrations on Saturday afternoon. It was a bunny themed party for our little one year old & I think she liked it!  The bunny theme idea came from the little brown bunny that has graced our yard with her presence every morning and evening this spring & early summer.  Too bad she couldn't join us for the party : ) 
the invites

the sweet treats

the decor
We pulled in a table from the garage, printed off some free bunny coloring sheets & made some artistic kiddos pretty happy.  They were content to color on and off the whole party. I will say I was quite impressed with the job some of the older ones did.  It shocks me to think that Charlotte's coloring will go from scribbles to that over the course of a few years!


We served salad greens, toppings & grilled chicken for the adults & bunny sandwiches for the kiddos.  We had a few snacky items like carrots & hummus to stick with the bunny theme : )

And here is the birthday bunny, so excited to get another cupcake. I think she ended up having a total of 4 during the week....yikes!  We are slowly weaning her off sugar this week ; )

I LOVED having my mom & brother in town to celebrate with us.  My mom was a champion helper that did  more than I could have dreamed in the areas of cleaning, decorating, cooking & taking care of the little ones while I got things done.  Here she is with Eloise. Such a pretty Grandma! I hope I stay on track looking more and more like her as I get older : )

Kyle was full of energy to entertain his nieces while my mom & I took care of some party prep.  I love seeing him with my girlies. They think he is pretty great & not only because they are over 7 feet tall when on his shoulders ; )

Here are some more of our lovely guests....
We were laughing as we watched Anna & Clara love on baby Isaac.  We were recounting the Valentine birthday parties over the past few years realizing there has been a new baby for these young ladies to hold at each party!  I am confident in declaring that there will not be a new one at Karis's birthday party in August (at least not from this family).
Eloise was a happy girl the whole time but perked up even more when it came time to open gifts.  She was not as excited as Charlotte was about the actual opening but was ecstatic about the tissue paper. She loved it so much she even ate it : ) Elo got a couple puzzles, books, some adorable outfits & a new pair of shoes thanks to all our sweet family and friends. 

It was a wonderful week as we celebrated one sweet little girl.  I will say it one last time.. Happy Birthday Elo Baby! We love you!

Sadly enough, this post has come to....

the end

1 comment:

  1. after seeing this I am even more impressed!!! great pictures! My fav is elo getting her bunny cupcake...soo soo cute!

    ReplyDelete