Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Father's Day weekend was quite relaxing & enjoyable.  It included some yummy meals, a breakfast date for me & the man to be celebrated, some snuggling on the couch for Charlotte & her favorite Daddy & some time with Steve, Jenny + the kiddos.  Rob was glad to have me home for a 5 day stretch with no working after the past couple weeks filled with extra shifts here & there.  

Sunday morning I woke up alone in my bed & thought "oh no! I wanted to get up first & fix breakfast for Rob!" I came out to the kitchen to find him reading. He had already been up for an hour. I asked for forgiveness for my sleepiness & he acted like I was crazy.  He said that his morning had been perfect.  I guess it is nice to have some quiet reading time without everyone awake : ) So, once the girls were up, we made some breakfast & relaxed before heading to CCC. We taught our 4 & 5 year old class which is always entertaining : ) After church we ate our lunch & then snuggled up on the couch for a couple episodes of "Lie to Me" followed by a quick nap before the girls woke up.  Steve, Jenny, Karis & Isaac joined us for dinner. We grilled steaks & stuffed peppers & enjoyed a meal outdoors. After dinner, we let the fathers sit out on the porch while Jenny & I cleaned 4 kids & a really dirty kitchen.  We ended he evening with a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Here is the wonderful Daddy we got to celebrate at this house:


I remembered that my friend Kate had asked her daughter Nora questions about her Dad for Father's Day last year. Her answers were hilarious & I looked forward to doing the same thing with Charlotte this year.  I do remember wondering when Charlotte would be capable of processing all the questions & giving me answers.  I definitely had to pick a few questions at a time to ask her & then jot down the answers to add to the list later but I was impressed with her quick replies & humor. I don't think she was trying to be funny but boy was she : ) 

We printed this & gave it to Robby on Sunday morning. He loved it & had some good laughs as he read them aloud to our family. 

All About My Daddy
by Charlotte

What is Daddy’s name? Rob
How old is Daddy? 4
What is Daddy's favorite color? Purple
What does Daddy do for fun? Sing the goat song (The Lonely Goatherd from The Sound of Music)
What does Daddy like to watch on TV? The horsey races
What's your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Play matchin’ game & go swimmin’
What does Daddy say a lot? Gaga, PawPaw, El-wheese
Why does Mommy love Daddy? because he gave you a ring mommy
What does Daddy do at work? Play computer, go meetings & give me candy
Who does Daddy love? Uncle Kyle
What is Daddy’s favorite thing to do with you? Play matchin’ game & horsey ride
Where is Daddy’s favorite place to go? Sea World (definitely false)
What does Daddy call you? Charlee!! Noonles!!
What's Daddy's favorite thing to eat? Strawberries, blueberries, muffins & waffles
What makes Daddy laugh? when I do this (makes a silly face & screams)
What makes Daddy sad? When he comes home & we are gone, that make Daddy so sad!
What makes Daddy smile? When we come home, he so happy!
How does Daddy help you? Help me clean up my toys
How do you show Daddy you love him? I kiss him
What's your very favorite thing about Daddy? He likes to play & give me horsey rides
I hope to do this again year after year & seeing how the answers change.  One thing is for sure, Charlotte loves her Daddy.  So does baby Elo, she just expresses it with lunging at him or biting his toe ; ) I love him too. He amazes me day after day with his ability to keep things in perspective as we parent them, the extreme amount of patience he has, the commitment & follow through to teach them about Jesus, the way he provides for & loves our family, & the joy he exudes through it all. Happy Father's Day to our fathers who love & care for us as deeply as they do & to Rob, the man I couldn't wait to see become a father but now am blessed to see him in that role everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment