These little monkeys are NINE months old! Three quarters of their first year of life have passed & they are proving to be more entertaining each & every day. Their grins are are no longer toothless & they no longer stay put when you lay them on a blanket. They are full of laughter, shrieking, playfulness & are always up for a good snuggle. They are starting to wave & both boys are melting our hearts with saying mamamama & dadadada all day everyday.
Mighty O's Stats:
15 pounds 10 ounces
27 inches long
6-9 month clothing
Growin' Owen impressed his pediatrician by jumping up a bit on his growth curve even if he is still on the small side. He has some chubby little knees when sitting with his legs outstretched but his core remains strong as strong can be. O is like one little muscle & my guess is that he will start crawling while we are in Texas this month. He is constantly leaning over to reach things, getting at least one knee under him before flopping onto his belly & rolling/wiggling to his destination. Owen is also pulling up onto his knees from a sitting position. He is a determined little fellow who is constantly searching for some excitement in his life. When Daddy is holding him he will squeal loudly until lifted up in the air in a trampoline like bouncing motion off his legs. Owen lands, does his arms out like a gymnast, straightens his legs, squeals & then goes again, and again, and again. He has a lot of energy. He likes to push his toys off the couch if he is sitting next to you then attempts to dive off. He & Elo could be quite the dangerous combination come full mobility ; )
He has quite the appetite & new favorites this month include broccoli, mango, yogurt puffs & any sort of cracker. Both boys are devouring crackers like hungry little monsters which means I can get something done in the kitchen but I have to sweep the floor after every twin vs cracker encounter. I don't sweep the floor every time & have been known to put shoes on while walking around the kitchen so I can ignore the fact that the floor is crumb ridden. Definitely missing Bennett these days since Bella is not quite the same caliber of vacuum. Anyway, hungry O, he likes to eat, he likes to nurse & he likes his bottle which he can now hold HALLELUJAH! In the eating department, he has enjoyed the recent addition of both bottom teeth definitely more than mommy has. I tell you what, nursing two babies with teeth simultaneously is like nursing two little piranhas with no manners! It is a challenge to have my hands tied up & try to protect myself. We are still going strong though & neither babe is losing interest. Owen got both teeth within 24 hours of each other the week of Thanksgiving. They are now starting to stick up enough to see when he does his precious little grin.
Owee LOVES the bath tub & is happy to play alone, with his bro or with the whole family of kids. It depends on my mood as to how I tackle bath time but more often than not they all go in together & play for a good 30 minutes before anyone cries. If you say "Owen, can you splash?" He gets goin' with his hands making water go everywhere. It's pretty cute & pretty wet. He is usually the first to cry & first to exit the tub. He is my little guy & I love him.
The boys are interacting more & more every day. They play nice for a bit then start attacking each other usually resulting in tears from whoever gets pinched or bitten harder. On the sweet side, they make sounds back & forth sometimes when they are sitting in their high chairs & I did catch them one morning pulling down the bumpers on their cribs to look at each other across the room. Adorable! They were hilarious in their monkey hats. Owen who is on the left, got a hold on the strings of Anson's hat & pulled him down to where he was bent in half. Once Anson recovered he grabbed Owen's hat & pulled it over his eyes! Sneaky move!
They are pretty much in the same exact routine minus waking/going down for a nap separate but within 20-30 minutes of each other on occasion. If I let them get off schedule it feels like I have one baby that doesn't nap all day long & it can be a bit challenging to get anything else done.
What their eating & sleeping looks like right now:
7:00- nurse
7:30- breakfast
8:45-10:30- nap
10:30- 6-7oz bottle of formula
11:30- lunch
12:45- nurse
1-3:45- nap
3:45- 6-7oz bottle of formula
5:00- dinner
6:30- nurse
6:45- bed
Some days everything is shifted earlier & they are sooooo tired by 5:45pm that we just put them down for the night & don't hear from them till 6:45am. I wish I could sleep that long every night! They love their beds & rarely fuss when it's time to sleep. We just lowered the mattress down since Muscles (Owen) is attempting to pull himself up.
ANSON
Chubby Bubby's Stats:
17 pounds 10 ounces
27 3/4 inches
6-9 month clothing
This kiddo really wowed us with his quick weight gain in the past couple months. He jumped up a good 30% on the growth curve chart. I can't say I was surprised since he has been known to nurse, get topped off with a bottle & try to steal his big brothers bottle from him too. Talk about chubby knees, Anson has the yummiest knees much like his big sisters did at this age. Due to the chub factor or possibly the lazy factor (in the nicest way to say that), he is happy as can be sitting upright & rarely leans far to get something out of reach. I have caught him on his knees once or twice looking ready to crawl but that big belly hangs so low to the ground it is easy to collapse & rest. He may surprise us & crawl in Texas too, only time will tell! He does not seek out adventure in the same way his brother does but is quite entertained by bouncing on knees or playing airplane.
We just rewatched Lambert the Sheepish Lion the other day & laughed so hard because Lambert says "mama" much like Anson. It is sweet. Anson also has a sheepish grin sometimes just like Lambert. Anson acts like he hasn't eaten in weeks EVERY time we feed him hollering between each bite. He has truly enjoyed making huge messes of crackers both graham & ritz while I watch with a grin on my face. He eats whatever is offered & lots of it! He loves nursing even more than his brother & will snuggle there for much longer than necessary to receive adequate milk intake. It is precious though & I love it. His hair is wild, stands straight up & hangs over his ears. We are thinking he might need a little trim in the next couple weeks.
Anson is a big fan of the bath tub too & probably prefers bathing with his sisters & even lets them wash his hair. As long as he isn't super tired & grumpy, he will withstand torture in the bath tub for a long time. He splashes with his bro & helps make the floor outside the tub really wet. He is my chubby bubby & I love him too.
We have twins! I was still saying that to myself when I took these pictures the other day....TWO cute little tushies!










No comments:
Post a Comment