Christmas celebration day two was at Uncle Joe & Aunt Debbie's house with the Ellis family. It too was full of fun & laughter. I am just overwhelmed when I consider how richly God has blessed our family with deep friendships & care for one another. We have been without Grandpa Joe & Grandmother Alene since 2002 & 2005 and know without a doubt that they would have greatly enjoyed seeing the family grow to add great grandkids into the mix! My Dad has an older sister, a younger brother, a sister-in-law, a brother-in-law, two nieces & two nephews.
We got up Sunday morning & got ready for all to arrive. Eloise was found in Aunt Debbie's closet saying "I want that baby." We were all a little confused until we realized that the ceramic dolls my grandparents had made years ago were in the top of the closet just in view of a curious two year old. I was a little apprehensive to let Eloise play with them since they are breakable but Aunt Debbie made the call & soon enough Lolo was snuggled up on the couch with her new little family of kids.
It was actually quite sweet to see her playing with those dolls & she was surprisingly gentle....so calm she almost fell asleep!
A rare moment when I can get both girls to smile with me when a camera is around someone else's neck...
I wanted Charlotte's picture in front of the tree which turned into a MAJOR meltdown because she didn't want her picture taken. Rob talked with her for a bit & told her "I don't like to have my picture taken either but it is one way that we can show mommy we love her." I definitely feel the love when they all comply ; ) Anyway, after their heart to heart Charlotte had a fabulous idea (according to her). She presented me with a hand drawn picture of the Christmas Tree, her sitting in front of it & me taking her picture that way "you won't actually have to take a picture of me mommy! Isn't that a good idea?!" Love.her.
She loves that Daddy of hers....we all do!
Owen's grin makes me laugh..
Elo's love for Gaga makes me cry...
Jenga makes me competitive...actually it really doesn't. I actually can't think of anything that makes me competitive but I will brag that I had everything to do with the last move that left that single block in the middle ; )Emma, my beautiful cousin was in town from Arizona. She is my Uncle Joe's daughter who we knew well about ten years ago. Through some difficult years we were not able to be in touch with her but are now rejoicing that God has brought reconciliation in multiple relationships & once again we are graced with the presence of this lovely lady! Keaton is her brother & we have yet to catch each other in Texas at the same time but can't wait for a grand cousin reunion! Emma was a trooper & had sleepovers with Char & Elo in her room both nights we were there. The girls thought she was pretty great!
Laughter captured....this is not a difficult task when this family gets together.
and the lovebirds just a few days after our 9th wedding anniversary...
Anson & Owen did not put up a fight when I asked if I could take their picture in front of the tree! Happy boys!
We enjoyed an incredible brunch with just about every dish you could imagine. My favorite (of course) were the family recipe biscuits that I attempt to make on holidays but are never as delicious as when made by Uncle Joe.
![]() |
| Emma & Scott |
![]() |
| Mallory & Kyle |
![]() |
| Mom, Debbie & Joe |
![]() |
| Zak, Aunt Cindy & Uncle Mike in the front. |
We played a couple rounds of Jenga & Who's Behind the Door much to Charlotte's delight!
Anson practiced his bull ridin' on Mal....
Santa & Mrs. Clause. I just LOVE my mom's hair....she is stunningly beautiful!
My cousin Zak who is the newest Aggie in the family having just completed his first semester kept Mighty O entertained.
I'm not sure what was happening here but it made me laugh. Joe must have been holding onto Char while she reached down to get something.
Just to mention a few of the new fun things....
1. Walkie-Talkies. What kid doesn't need a pair of these? I think us adults may have enjoyed them more than the girls ; )
2. Birdie Rain Gear- Aunt Deb & Uncle Joe hooked the girls up with matching rain gear which will come in handy frequently here in central Florida! We have already used it twice in a week! So very stylish....I'm a tad jealous ; )
3.Lunar Launchers- I'm pretty sure Uncle Mike chose the Lunar Launchers for the girls since he is always showing up with some kind of toy that shoots things ; ) Simple & fun. Here he is teaching little bit how to "launch."
and Uncle Scott retrieving what was launched from the tallest tree in town....
Cousins minus Keaton..
Auntie Deb with her two fave nieces...
These six love each other so much! Eloise loves them too...can you spot her?
One last picture of Char & her Paw Paw.
It was only a few short hours together but it far exceeded our expectations for a lovely celebration in this joyous season. We loaded up the sleigh & headed to Houston just after 1. My final gift that day was that my brothers decided they would ride with Rob & the kids while I hopped in the front seat of my parents car with JUST the two of them! I can't remember the last time I got to spend time alone with them & it was so special, quiet, relaxing....I could go on & on. I think they had fun in the other car too ; )
As far as catching up on posts go, I am moving at the pace of a turtle but slow & steady wins the race right? Up & coming posts- Kingwood, The Houston Zoo, Pierogi Day, Squirrel Hunt 2014, O&A at 10 months & probably a few more I forgot ; )




















Love it! So glad you got to spend quality time with your family! I LOVE all the pictures, especially the ones of you and the girls, You and Rob (Framer!), and the boys in front of the tree (so so cute!). I'm so glad you have such a wonderful, loving, supportive family, what a blessing indeed!
ReplyDelete