The Saturday we were in Dallas, the whole Loftin clan got together for the first time in a LONG time. We were missing Matt due to work & Aunt Sharon due to a sinus infection but she wowed us & delivered her award winning sausage balls the night before the big holiday bash. When she arrived, she was wearing a mask & assured us they were made with clean hands & honestly, they are so good I would have still eaten one if she had sneezed on it ; )
The Loftin family is made up of Grandma Shirley, the matriarch, four daughters, three son-in-laws, seven grandchildren, four spouses & seven great grandchildren. So in total there were 24 people there which is quite a bunch for the living room!
Here's the whole crew, just a little blurry since I ripped it off facebook ; )...
We spent the entire rainy day visiting, snacking, snoozing (the babes), decorating cookies & opening gifts. It was loud & fun! The rest of this post is mostly pictures of all the fun havers...
Me & my cousin Amy with Luke, Anson & Owen in their matching outfits from GGran. They were cute & cozy!
![]() |
![]() |
| Owen & my cousin Kelly |
![]() |
| Anson & my cousin's wife Lauren. Fun fact, we are both "Lauren Michelle" & have the same birthday. |
![]() |
| Anson, Landry who belongs to my cousin Allison & Owen. These three are just 2 months apart. |
one full living room.....
Cookie decorating got the best of Aubrey's shirt so she made her deliveries with her cute little belly showing. She was proud of the one she made for her Daddy.
GGran made these adorable aprons for a previous Christmas baking day so we made sure we got some use out of them this year. When I look at this picture I feel like I am seeing myself aged 26 years & 53 years. I love these two beautiful ladies.
Eloise could not stop licking the icing which was super powerful stuff ; )
Lauren & Aunt Sandy helped the little ones with decorating. Good thing because the icing everywhere was driving me crazy!
GGran helped with the "finkles" as Lolo says.
Uncle Kyle got the hang of holding a baby while bouncing a toddler on his knee...
and Uncle Scott pulled a practical joke on Char...
I sat back & took pictures while Aunt Sheila & Aunt Sandy fed my babies. Such a treat!
I was soooo thankful my Dad & brothers came up for the weekend. They always add much fun & laughter to the mix. It had been three years since the three of us were in the same place at the same time...I don't want to ever let that happen again! I love these two!
The majority of the gift exchanging was between all the great grandkids & I'd say they got some loot! We have some fun games, books, cars & some stylish new clothes to enjoy in 2014!
What blessing it was to all (almost all) be under one roof as wild as it was!

















No comments:
Post a Comment