I would like to introduce you to our newest niece, Olivia Noel Valentine. She is just darling....
.jpg)
born February 25th
6 pounds 7 ounces
18.5 inches long
Sweet little Livi-Lou made her debut while our family was in Texas. I was SO sad to miss the excitement & opportunity to photograph the birth but thankful that Amanda, a very special mutual friend got to witness the miracle of a child being born & snap a million pics along the way : ) It also helps to have the "hook up" at good ol' Winnie where I made sure Jenny would be well cared for by my friend Aubrey. If you are interested in reading more details about the arrival of this cutie pie, you can head over to the other Valentine blog. If you are not up for a long read, in summary, my sister in law is a complete rock star in the natural labor world.
I was chomping at the bit to get back to Orlando & give that girlie some Aunt Lala snuggles. Once we were home, I snuck over there one evening & told Rob I would be gone for about an hour. That ended up being completely NOT true because I didn't return until a few hours later! I mean really, what can you do when a newborn falls asleep in your arms & you are just too comfortable to move....for two hours? A couple days later, I returned with my crew that could not wait to see their new cousin. Eloise had been talking about seeing "yi-va" since the day she found out the wonderful news. Charlotte said with excitement multiple times each day "I can't believe that Olivia came out of Aunt Jenny's belly?!" They were pretty cute & "yi-va" did not mind some cuddles from the big girls....
.jpg)
Charlotte enjoyed a few minutes then hopped up & was on her way. Eloise on the other hand requested to hold her "yi-va" again & sat just like this for FIFTEEN minutes! A two year old was that interested & that still! She is seriously a little mini mama & will probably have ten babies of her own someday. It made me tear up just looking at her delighted little face as she took care of little Livi-Lou. She reminded me of her big sis when the twins came home from the NICU with her quick & smooth moves while changing Olivia's position all while supporting her neck properly. Too funny! Somebody has been paying attention!
Here are all SEVEN of the Valentine grandkids! I still laugh when I look at this bunch & consider how Bob & Jeannine had their two sons & thought maybe they would have a couple kids each. It was like rapid fire delivery of grandchildren....SEVEN in four & a half years! I love all the little bare feet in this pic...
Just to recap the birth dates of this bunch:
Charlotte- July 2009
Karis- August 2010
Eloise- May 2011
Isaac- February 2012
Owen & Anson- March 2013
Olivia- February 2014
It has been a busy four years for the Valentine family & we are so thankful for all these little ones to care for. Even though they are all spaced only 9 months to 1 year apart it is crazy to see how much development happens from one stage to the next. Sometimes it gives us hope, sometimes it makes us feel a little stressed, haha!
I had to steal that precious baby away from Elo-mama...
I didn't have her to myself for long before two little guys were all over her!
Owen was going in for a big hug!
and Anson couldn't help but give her a little pinch on the tush...can't blame him...it's what we all want to do to a cute little baby ; )
and lately, a cousin gathering is not complete without a "Let it Go" dance party!
I don't know what the jump from two to three is like since we skipped it & doubled our number of children instead but I am guessing it is the tipping point for many families! Jenny & Steve have had help from Jenny's mom & now the Valentine's who are helping in the transition. I know they are tired but loving their busy bunch.
Uncle Rob had to squeeze in some snuggles with the popular little lady when he & the kids spent an afternoon there while I was at work. Jenny texted me this picture & I laughed out loud. O&A are So interested!
I am enjoying another newborn in my arms anytime we are together & for the first time in forever, not to quote the favorite family movie, I don't feel like I want another baby as soon as possible like I have in the past! Could be that the jump from two to four was just enough to make me feel like my hands are overly full for the time being ; ) Hands that are full are a wonderful thing which is a conversation I get to have with most every person that stops us in the grocery store & I am guessing Jenny will soon be doing the same!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment