Monday, June 1, 2015

The busier the better- time with those Florida Valentines

Well I guess I am returning from an unplanned hiatus in blogging! Let's just say, life has been enjoyable for the most part leaving less than a smidgen of time to write. I've still been snapping photos though! 

We kicked the month off with a bang hosting Steve, Jenny, Karis, Isaac & Olivia for four nights during their two week stay in Dallas. A few days prior, we took a trip to the park & loved watching these seven cousins spend some quality time with one another....

the ladies & the gents....

Owen & Anson actually really like Isaac or I-Gee as we call him but their faces say otherwise ha! The boys were obsessed with Olivia who turned one in February. In fact, we were all pretty smitten with her!

You could tell she was the youngest sibling by the way she tolerated all the attention & unwanted snuggles.

As anyone who grew up with cousins nearby might remember, things aren't always rosy ; ) There was a lot of togetherness 24/7 & the kids were trying really hard to like each other but I think Elo might have been experiencing one of those tough moments....

During our visit we spent lots of time just playing at the house, letting the littlest ones nap on their regular schedule. That seems to benefit all involved! My favorite evening by far was made up of these items....


We bought a fire pit last fall & only used it a couple times before it got too chilly. It happened to be perfect weather, no mosquitoes (yet) & happy kids, at least when we started ; ) The guys were getting ready to start smoking brisket & pork at midnight so we figured we might as well all stink like smoke. I HATE that smell unless I am camping but I love s'mores & these wonderful people.




It's amazing how much more responsible an almost 6 year old is near a fire versus a younger sibling who had not turned four yet....I won't mention any names.

The kids started out happy & then it turned completely into meltdown city when Jenny & I were giving baths & tucking them into beds. I think it may have been the loudest 30 minutes I have experienced in quite sometime. Quite possibly since the last time we had a four day sleepover last September ; )

Here are some of the crazy cousins, Charlotte-5, Karis-4, Eloise-almost 4, Isaac-3, Owen & Anson-2 & Olivia-1. We have staggered just right so Bob & Jeannine had to come to Florida every year to help with a new baby, haha.


Uncle Steve & Lolo spent some time together on "Donut Day" where he showed her how to make sure she got every sprinkle of sugar into her mouth. I was so thankful he could teach her that since what this child needs in life is MORE sugar! It was an adorable moment though & we will think of Uncle Steve anytime we finish our donuts.

Back to that darling Livi-Lou. Uncle Rob enjoyed some cuddles from her on the last afternoon together. I did too but there aren't any pictures to prove it.

As many of you know, this precious family will be Poland bound at the end of the summer once they reach 100% support. They are SO close at 85%, it seems to be just around the corner. This visit was so special knowing it would be the last time the kids would see each other for potentially four years unless one of our families is taking a LONG trip.  Robby & I are looking forward to spending some time with them in Celebration in mid July without our crew. It will be my second chance to get some pictures with the little ones ; ) 


We love them dearly & are sad to see them go but thrilled for what is ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment