Yikes, my 4th of July post was still in the "draft" file! I know blog posts are about the last thing on the list of importance while adjusting to an extremely full house but I like to not get too far behind so let's get a move on!
The weekend before the 4th my parents were up in Dallas to kidnap me & kiddos & take us to Kingwood. I did not resist being captured since we love our time there so much! It was an easy drive even with newly potty trained boys...like a week in. Little did I know that the "potty problems" would soon start & then continue to the two month mark when I quit completely & bought a giant box of diapers. That's kind of a long story so we will just leave it at that.
Robby drove down for the weekend of the 4th & all were excited to see him. We enjoyed the Kingwood 4th of July parade. It was nearby & just the right size for our crew.
Uncle Scott was able to join us & was put on twin duty for a bit. They actually chose him : )
The kids were thrilled to receive candy from people wearing pool floats that were too small for their bodies ; )
I am pretty sure I have not gotten a picture of me with these boys both looking & smiling at the same time in at least a year. Here was our attempt.
It was important to provide Facetime to Facetime calls between family members. Oh the joy of technology in 2015!
We had a good rain in the early afternoon which is always perfect for nap time. Thankfully it cleared up so we could spend some time outside. There was lots of swinging, bubble blowing & a little dancing between these 5. It is fun to be pregnant sometimes because people always tell me to sit down & rest.
This girl....
and the last picture.... it seems like someone always has a finger or thumb in their mouth and/or is missing a piece of clothing.
A highlight of that evening: We had talked about heading over to the Town Center for fireworks that evening but the kids were so worn out we decided it would probably be more torture than fun. Our neighbors had said their kids (high school/college age) would be setting fireworks off in the cul de sac next to my parents house. We let the girls stay up & we promptly went to the driveway when we heard the first pop. It was Rob, Scott, Kyle, me & the girls. Basically I was in tears from laughing so hard as we watched things only slightly more exciting than sparklers. At one point Scott said we might need some patriotic music to increase the excitement. He turned on Pandora & that's when the tears starting coming. It was the most upbeat instrumental patriotic song that would be so very appropriate with an incredible fire work show...the polar opposite of what we were watching. One positive thing, the girls are 6 & 4 & don't know what they are missing out on. We slowly trickled inside to hang out & have more fun than could be offered from the drive way.
One irritation of mine when writing posts of things that happened a long time ago is I can't remember the specifics. Maybe that's a good thing since my posts often turn out with too many words for some people ; )











No comments:
Post a Comment