Sadly we have pushed back our annual Pierogi Day with the Valentine clan although we were able to enjoy plenty of Pierogi's at Steve & Jenny's celebration lunch which help us off till mid August. After Bob & Jeannine returned from visiting Michigan, they invited us over for a Polish dinner. We accepted without thinking twice since we love making & eating these delicious creations & they had kielbasa which came straight from Detroit....Yummo! We brought our Polish music along so we could sing "Who Stole the Kishka?" our favorite song.
The kids were excited & we suited up to represent although we didn't have more than one kid sized shirt so the rest of the kids got to wear grown up shirts which looked hilariously cute. First order of business, spread out the dough & stuff with a potato & cheese mixture. There were lots of worker bees...some more efficient than others ; )
Anson (and Owen) have really come to enjoy their Papa since we have been back in Dallas. They still like Grammy better than the rest of us but he settled close for some lessons.
Owen followed suit & helped Papa make some too.
Grammy boiled & pan fried those delectable pierogis & of course, Mr. Owen wanted to be in her arms the whole time. If you ever think the boys are slightly difficult to tell apart, pay attention to that hilarious smile & squinty eyes. It'a ALWAYS Owen. Mid August I'm pretty sure I was around 30-31 weeks with flour on my belly.
As expected, dinner was delicious! Pierogi Day has taken on an entirely different meaning as we have sent half of our Pierogi making team to the homeland of Pierogi's! If we want to look on the bright side of losing half of our team we can say they are in a four year + training program. I'm sure they are even better there although we might stand out in our very American Polish shirts such as "You bet your Pierogi I'm Polish!" Seriously, how many times have I said Pierogi in a few short paragraphs? Oops, I said it again!
One last picture of our soon to be family of seven. We love Anson's face, haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment