Wow, those twinkies had a great time ringing in being SIX year olds! Sad to say but they had never had a birthday party with friends so this was a big deal. They are easy to please unless we are at the dinner table ; ) We invited a bunch of boys & a couple big sisters over for the big bash.
Delcious donuts + a dinosaur craft + an obstacle course = happy boys
Arlo the explorer did the inspection of the yummy treats...
You know you have big sisters when you request a craft at your birthday celebration. I suggested this fantastic Pinterest idea & it met their approval & our bank account's approval too! Lots of dried pasta, black construction paper, glue & chalk. With a few examples the kids went to town designing their own....
Next up, obstacle course time. We set it up first thing that morning, tested it multiple times & were ready to roll by the time the contestants arrived! On your mark, get set, GO!
When I say "we" kept the time, I mean the 4 big sisters, Charlotte, Eloise, Daphne & Hera. They kept those boys under their command. I saw so much of myself at 9 years old as I was observing that role. The runners & jumpers never voiced a complaint against the judges so I just went with it!
Every minute was full of playing & noise, just as it should be!
We enjoyed our morning & evening celebrating with our family too. The girls & I worked on some homemade dinosaur décor & it was mostly great minus table bumping & knocking down trees.
The video of the candle blowing is so hilarious. A few of us have asthma & we joke that due to that condition, our lungs don't work as well as they should & it takes twice as long to blow out candles. Poor Owen, he was quite the source of laughter that morning!
Silly siblings.
Some gifts they received were walkie talkies, fidget cubes, Battleship & Uno. There were more but my memory is lacking and I am about to fall asleep while typing.
Wouldn't it be fun to have another picture like that when they turn 66? Just 60 more years : )
It was a busy day with lots of visitors. Paw Paw came then Auntie Deb joined him. Our beloved babysitter Alison stopped by with a mini Bop-it game for each of them. They were quickly hi-jacked first by siblings then by parents where we worked hard to blow any record out of the water. Thanks Alison!
Speaking of BELOVED, GGran stopped by as well.
Grandpa & Grammy were happy to play a game of Battleship, Uno & of course offer a cozy lap to sit in.
We had to squeeze in a hug at the end of dinner. We just love those birthday bubbies to the moon & back. Six has been a great year & seven is just around the corner come 2020!













No comments:
Post a Comment