Well, well, well, we blinked and Darlin' Arlo turned four...sad face. We just want to freeze him at this age with the hilarious things he says, his facial expressions & very selfishly I want to keep him this age because he adores me, haha! He was delighted to have four birthday balloons in his hand & jokingly acted like he was going to let them fly away.
Grammy & Grandpa came to celebrate with us & arrived just in time for a last round of pictures before we headed inside for dinner. It is rare that we get a picture of everyone smiling AND looking at the camera at the same time, woo hoo!
Then sneaky Arlo tricked Grammy & Grandpa by saying, "Let's do silly faces!" but didn't do one himslef.
G Gran never misses a good party & came bearing gifts! Arlo received a Curious George stuffed animal carrying a backpack with $4 plus a set of books about that curious little monkey. For months we have checked out Curious George and the Chocolate Factory from the library. There have been moments of great sadness when another monkey obsessed child had happily taken the book home & we had to wait for it to be returned. He was bright eyed & excited to sit down & read. You can't quite see his shirt but he got the hookup with a replacement tee that says "Garbage day is my favorite day of the week." For quite awhile he wore it every Tuesday & Friday as he stood outside to wave hello to his heroes.
He requested a monster truck cake & I was inspired and excited to be old Lauren for a day & go all out for the first time in awhile. 2020 is going to be the year of comebacks....I can feel it ; ) I will admit, it was really enjoyable to make & seeing that he absolutely loved it made me smile.
Not only was it cute but it was tasty too!
Everyone was mad that I didn't let anyone help with the baking. He was a serious little guy!
Birthday morning is always our favorite. We worked together to make the perfectly decorated table with everything from the boys' closet to the crafty cabinet. The four big kids personalized it with pictures & names. They drew one where flames were coming out of the back of the car & someone wrote "toot" just to get me to roll my eyes...I admit that it was clever & funny. I love that at the top of the picture on the right you can see "oh my goodness" in Charlotte's handwriting. They LOVE him!
The Fab Five ready to party!
Sausage balls & cinnamon rolls were served to this smiling boy who was quite pleased with the monster trucks everywhere!
He is fully convinced by no convincing of our own that Daddy's Jeep is called a Jeeper Beeper, so of course I had to make him a shirt to go with his new cap.
The classic game of Hi-Ho Cherry-O was played a million times throughout the day thanks to Uncle Scott & Uncle Kyle. I referred to the cherries as apples EVERY time I talked about it. Arlo liked correcting me....just like the rest of my little students ; )
Remember how I said he adores me? I am rejoicing that it is mistletoe season & he wants to smooch me multiple times throughout the day. He loves his Daddy too : ) In fact today he came inside SO grumpy & said in his mean voice "When is Daddy coming home from stupid work!" When stupid work ended for the day, he was a happy & giggly four year old. He is just the sweetest caboose for the Valentine Train. Happiest of Birthdays Darling Arlo.













No comments:
Post a Comment