Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Betty Homemaker

This is my very first attempt at breadmaking....I thought I would share the process in photos

My mom had a sourdough starter she received early in the year and has kept it going for about 6 months. She has made countless loaves of bread and the most delicious cinnamon rolls EVER! When I visited Houston in April, we tried to figure out a way to get a starter back to Orlando for me to use.

Our solution:
  • My mom brought it from Houston to Dallas the weekend we visited for Charlotte's Birthday Party
  • My mother in law took care of it, fed it, gave it some love & then transported it via car from Dallas to Orlando a couple weeks ago

I know it sounds like alot of work for a starter I could probably figure out how to make but oh well! It was great to get it! Thanks Mom & Jeannine!

First evening with all my ingredients

The next morning after mixing in rest of ingredients & kneading

The dough in the above photo grew large enough to divide into these three loaf pans

The next morning after letting it rise

and ta-da! Three delicious loaves of bread!

The bread was pretty yummy, not as good as the ones my mom has made but she assured me that each time gets better & better!

Final thoughts....watching the bread rise and rise and rise reminded me of when I was pregnant with Charlotte. Just when I thought I couldn't get any bigger, I did!

3 comments:

  1. That looks really yummy! I miss making homemade bread. For a while I was making it once a week and it was so good, and the house always smelled amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I used to have a starter...but let it go yucky...I've been wanting to get one going again, and now i have more motivation!
    Also, the shower looks FANTASTIC...gifts, crafts and all...nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for my starter...

    ReplyDelete