Today, my brother Kyle & I took Charlotte to the zoo in Sanford. The day was far from what I pictured in my mind for Charlotte's first Zoo adventure. It seriously felt like we were in a sauna! I know we live in Florida & it is the hottest part of the year but WOW! I think the animals must have been feeling the same way which must be why we only saw a few of them in our lightning fast 1 hour trip around the zoo.
Unfortunately we only have about 2 pictures with animals in them. The best up close & personal interaction we had was with the llama, pictured below. Charlotte was dressed for the occasion in her little shorts with animals all over them & a lovely floral hat to block the sunshine from her fair skin.
Unfortunately we only have about 2 pictures with animals in them. The best up close & personal interaction we had was with the llama, pictured below. Charlotte was dressed for the occasion in her little shorts with animals all over them & a lovely floral hat to block the sunshine from her fair skin.
Here is the little lady
Uncle Kyle & Charlotte
the llama....this picture makes me laugh : )
The best part of the zoo was the splash park we enjoyed before leaving. I was shocked at how much fun Charlotte had. She was by far the littlest kiddo there! She is getting pretty steady on two feet & did some speedy walking while chasing after the shooting water.
Here she is staring at the large bucket of water that dumped over periodically. She kept going towards it even though it would have knocked her off her little feet. I had to rescue her multiple times & ended up almost as wet as her : ) I will make sure not to wear white capris next time I have the possibility of getting soaked : )
Final conclusion: Let's just say that I am glad we did not buy an annual pass to the zoo. I think the saying is right, everything is bigger & better in Texas : ) We look forward to a visit to either the Houston, Ft. Worth or Dallas Zoo sometime during the cool season!

such cute pics! the llama makes me laugh too...my brother used to love llamas.
ReplyDeletemaybe you all can come up sometime and we can do the ft worth zoo together...it has some really neat INDOOR parts :)
glad you are having fun with kyle, talk to you soon i hope!
If you want a good Florida animal adventure you should visit Lion Country Safari down south
ReplyDelete