Thursday, March 24, 2011

Birthday Week for the BIG 3-0!

Oh Birthdays! I really love birthdays. Especially when it is my husbands' birthday :0) It happened this week, Robby turned 30! He is Mr. laid back & had no problem with the change to the next decade of his life. He is definitely a man to be celebrated for many reasons & that is exactly was we did ALL WEEK LONG!

I want to take a moment and list some things that I LOVE & value about my husband:


  • He loves the Lord

  • He loves his family & cares deeply for others

  • He is passionate about whatever he is doing

  • He is honest & trustworthy

  • He is thoughtful

  • He is kind & generous

  • He knows providing for his family is way beyond a financial committment. He is with us, loving us & leading us to Christ

  • He is smart & loves to learn

  • He is a faithful husband

  • He is a loving father to Charlotte

  • He smiles huge when we talk about having 2 daughters : )

  • He is a handy man & loves being outdoors

  • He makes me laugh harder than anyone has ever made me laugh...and does this day in & day out.

I love him & anyone that knows me knows this is true. So, when I first starting thinking about how to make him feel special I quickly realized it couldn't happen all in one day so a birthDAY changed to a WEEKEND then to a birthday WEEK.


I am an awful poet but have fun writing poems so I decided to write a poem for each day (sometimes 2) that would reveal the next surprise. Unfortunately, I like surprises a lot more than Rob does so I did have to fill him in on the next days activities earlier than planned a couple times : )


The envelopes for Birthday Week

The poorly written poems for each day


Birthday Week started last Saturday with Robby having a free morning to do whatever sounded like a fun way to spend his time. He quickly decided to work on Charlotte's new bed & hang in the garage (Pictures of this to come).


After getting cleaned up, we dropped Charlotte off with Edie. Edie is the incredible woman that has been watching Charlotte when I am at work. Charlotte LOVES her & was pleased when we arrived at her house just in time for her afternoon nap.


We headed downtown to check in to the Grand Bohemian Hotel for the night. This was a special gift from my aunt & uncle : ) One reason it was extra special is that we have not spent a night away together since Charlotte was born! We would have enjoyed it but the opportunity never came up. Since we are about to be back at the starting gate again with Eloise, I figured it was the perfect time to be away.



The lovely hotel happened to be a couple blocks away from Corona's, a cigar shop that one of Rob's best buds works at. We decided to grab me a burger & fries to eat outside while the boys enjoyed an afternoon cigar.


Rob & Jason


After that we went to see a movie in the downtown theater. This was a big deal for us! We usually see a movie every 2 years at the theater so for us to go off the cuff was surprising : )


We were back at the hotel to enjoy some appetizer dishes in the lounge by 6:30, spent some time reading, then left for our dinner reservation at Roy's. Our meal was delicious & was topped off by an incredible dessert...pictured below. Yes, it was a small serving to share & yes, I considered ordering a second one but resisted ; )


Here is a shot of the hotel


Sunday morning after checking out, we went to Celebration to sit in the rockers by the water and relish in our last hour alone before picking up the little lady. We were SO relaxed & truly enjoyed our time together. Char had a perfect report from Edie & we were happy to see her sweet little face.


Sunday evening he went back to Corona's for some time with the guys.

Monday was simple, a book & cd that he wanted. Charlotte carried it into his office & then ripped the ribbon off & grabbed them both out of his hands before he could get a good look at them. We don't go to many birthday parties....maybe we should.




Tuesday was simple as well but really fun. After Char went to bed, we got snuggled up on the couch with popcorn, M&Ms & each other for a marathon of our favorite Office episodes. I preselected the best of the best...it was fun, until the birthday boy fell asleep. He said I scratched his arm to well for him to stay awake : )




Wednesday was the actual birthday & he found out that morning that we would be going on a double dessert date with Steve & Jenny. Our neighbors, Hugo & Juanita that have Matilda watched Charlotte & Karis while we were gone. What a treat!




We went to the Melting Pot & when we got there we had a room full of friends waiting to greet Robby! He was definitely surprised!




Michael & Christi, AJ, Molly & Baby Drew in the belly

Us with Don & Cathy

Jason & Joy, Steve & Jenny


Chris, me & Rob


We were sad to be missing Chris's girlfriend Amanda who ended up having to go out of town unexpectedly. We made him feel welcome & shared our pots of chocolate with him ; )

YUMMY! Everything at the Melting Pot is delicious but the dessert....mmm....mmm...mmm! The company was fabulous too : )



So the official birthday week came to an end today with the last envelope saying we could go shopping for a pair of cowboy boots. Don't ask me how we got out of Texas with him not owning a pair but he will soon be sporting some boots!



One add on for the week is tomorrow night. Hugo & Juanita are cooking dinner & invited us along with Steve & Jenny for one last celebration!



Robby Valentine, I love you, I love being your wife & I hope this week was special to you. 30 years my dear : ) Lord willing, the next 30 will be even more amazing & I will be right by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment