Tuesday, May 24, 2011

All we need is Baby Eloise!

The room is pretty much complete! There are still a couple projects I would like to do but my energy only gets me so far these days : ) I have really enjoyed the bedding set & decor we did for Charlotte when she was born. We were excited to find out we were having a second girl & that they could be roomies. We took the quilt off the wall & put it on Charlotte's big girl bed which she proudly sleeps in every night now! The crib has been converted back to accompany a newborn & looks so inviting with the bright colors.

We did a little rearranging because the chair didn't fit with both beds. It got moved into the master bedroom which we are really enjoying as a place to sit & read away from the main area of the house. The dresser got moved & one canvas was added to the wall along with a couple changes to others so I didn't have to buy anything new. I do love this room. Sometimes I joke & say that I want to live in there : )

All that to say, here is a little tour of the room for Charlotte & Eloise:










In the photo above, the newest addition is the floor pillow in front of the bookshelf. I covered them first with some scraps from the crib sheet & then made a slip cover out of the brown with white polka dots. A friend of mine has an embroidery machine and helped me with adding "Charlotte" & "Eloise" to the covers. It is Charlotte's favorite place to sit in her room these days! Hopefully Eloise will like to sit there too : )


Onto the sewing that has kept me busy lately.....

Big Sis & Lil Sis matching outfits with hair clips
Clippies from this TUTORIAL


Newborn caps from this TUTORIAL


Homemade nursing pads from this TUTORIAL



I really enjoy sewing. I grew up with a mother who could sew just about anything.... really, amazing seamstress is an understatement. Of course, I had zero interest the whole time I lived at home & even when I was 4 hours away from her in Dallas. It took me moving to Florida to all of the sudden have this strong desire to learn how to sew. She inherited a couple of my Grandmother Alene's machines when she died in 2005 & graciously shared one with me. She shipped it to me soon after we moved here right before she came to visit. We started with a purse & grew from there. It used to only be fun to me if my mom was helping me in person. Now, I am feeling much more confident to try things on my own although I still call her from the fabric store to do all my calculations for me. She is like Rain Man when she gets going with all the numbers : ) Sometimes I call her & tell her I need her to calculate how much fabric I need just to get her going. Just kidding, but I should do that & I should definitely record it ;)


It has been a blast to sew this girly stuff so far! Of course we are SO excited to meet Eloise.... can't wait to dress her up in her lil sis outfit & see if her noggin fits into the caps I made!


3 comments:

  1. LOVE these last 3 posts! so glad you have a friend that you can share childcare with and that Char can have a little friend to play with too! so sweet :) Love all the plants...Levi and I had so much fun planting pansies together this fall...and I LOVE the girls room :) You are so talented with all your sewing and crafts...makes me want to do more than I do! Can't wait to see it in person sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Lauren. You definitely are your mother's daughter. You both are very talented and very smart. I can just now see your mom calculating wildly and correctly. She is so helpful. Thank you for sharing your wonderful projects. And Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the girls' room is beyond cute! ... and i too have a strong desire to sew girly stuff now... but i have a sewing learning disability it seems and can't even work my machine with the instructions out. every thing you made looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete