Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sisters, Sisters

Today at lunch we asked Charlotte who her best friend was. She said "Eloise." Tears filled my eyes for a moment : ) Not a day has gone by in little Eloise's life that she hasn't received less than 10 kisses & hugs from her big sister. Charlotte adores her & speaks so sweetly to her. Eloise just grins & grins when Charlotte is paying attention to her. I love my girls....everything about them.
We got these adorable shirts from our friends Ty & Amy when Eloise was born. I just love monogrammed things so the gift was well received : ) I thought we should do a mini photo shoot to document how cute they looked in them.

After I found out that Charlotte would do just about anything for an M&M, I grabbed a handful in preparation for some picture taking. We don't use bribery very often around here but I just wanted one good picture ; )
The smiling went away rather quickly even with the M&M's. Serves me right for bribing her I guess. Little bit had plenty of smile for the camera though.....

Charlotte loves to make Eloise touch her face or "tickle" her belly. It makes me laugh every time. When she forces Elo's hand to touch her belly she screams "TICKLE!!"

Part way through the photo shoot Charlotte decided they would pretend to take a nap.
She got out the blankies & made sure Eloise was comfortable before she laid down & covered herself up. So very caring! My favorite part of the photo shoot is pictured below. I had Eloise propped up on the Boppy pillow when Charlotte decided to climb onto her "horsey!" Thankfully, her knees were on the Boppy & not Elo's back! She proceeded to make the "clip clop" sound while she rode Eloise for a couple minutes. I had to get her picture before making her stop & reminding her that Eloise could not be her horsey like Daddy.



Charlotte is a bit erratic sometimes. This was after the horsey ride. She decided to climb over her.....Eloise is seriously tough!

This is a common moment I experience each day. Charlotte is up close saying "Hi Eloise!" "yea, yea, uh huh, yea Eloise" in response to her cooing. That is probably a contributor to the fact that they both have runny noses right now. Totally worth it!

Charlotte, I hope you always say that Eloise is your best friend unless you have another sister (or two). Then you can say you have multiple best friends ; )

3 comments:

  1. So, so, so sweet! No better friend in the whole world than a sister! Your girls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! i love all the pics! such beautiful little girls :) the shirts are so cute too and I LOVE LOVE the one of Eloise by her self with the big grin! priceless...and I agree with Kate, a sister is something very special!

    ReplyDelete