Monday, July 30, 2012

Eloise at 14 months

Eloise is 14 months old today although I feel like we just celebrated her first birthday.  I guess it has been a busy 2 months!   She couldn't be any cuter...I know I am her mommy but really...she is SO CUTE!  Her little personality seems to be revealed to us more & more each day.  It makes my heart so happy to experience life with her as my little girl. 

Here she is at 14 months.....

What little Elo Pancakes, Waffles & Cheese Eloise is up to these days: (that's what Char calls her)

  • is capable of taking 10 steps but most frequently sticks to 5 then crawls to wherever she wants to go
  • cannot be coerced into walking & will only do it on her own accord usually facing the opposite direction of us
  • can say pretty well: Isaac, mama, dada, duck, dog, puppy, no, yes, done & baby
  • is up to no good when seated in a high chair of any sort....little Houdini escapes, stands & tries to jump out.  The other night at dinner I heard Charlotte lean over & say in a very low, stern voice "Eloise, if you stand up one more time I am going to take you out to the car & give you a pankin'! I am pretty sure she will say it again because I burst out laughing....it was hilarious. 
  • loves being read to 
  • loves the park & climbs all the way up to the biggest slides, turns onto her belly & slides down feet first
  • can stack about 4-5 blocks without help
  • can climb onto tables at record speed
  • loves to "dance" with her favorite move being arms out & doing the twist with her upper body
  • LOVES baby dolls especially this mini doll that is about 9 inches long. When she says "baby" is sounds like "Bobby" so we call the 9 inch bundle of joy "Bobby the baby"
  • tries to feed her baby doll with a bottle by inserting it into her eye
  • knows where her head, hair, ears, nose & belly are
  • is starting to be very irritated when told "no"
  • repeats a lot of sounds to mimic Charlotte's words
  • follows a few directions like "come lay down to get your diaper on" or "bring mommy _____"
  • does super exaggerated head nods when saying "yes" or to the beat of music
  • she is obsessed with her belly button & makes sure it is still there multiple times a day. She also likes to check & make sure Sissy's belly button is still there too ; ) If I can keep her away from mine I am doing good!

  • weighed 22 lbs 12 ounces when I snuck her on the scale at Charlotte's 3 year visit. This means that Elo gained 2 pounds in 6 weeks....love those cheeks...and those thighs!
  • loves to eat macaroni & cheese, blueberries, strawberries, cheese, turkey, crackers, yogurt, broccoli, apples, pears, bread of any sort & has just taken a liking to orange juice
  • dislikes meat, bananas, & any veggie other than broccoli
  • sleeps from 7pm-7:30am & takes 2 naps a day from 9-10:30 & 12:30-2:30
  • loves to cuddle when it is sleepy time....I LOVE THIS
  • she is precious...just precious


Happy 14 months Elo baby! Onward & upward we go....loving every minute with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment