We invited family & some neighbors over to grill, bounce, play Cornhole & light sparklers. Fun was had by all, especially the little ones around.
.jpg)
![]() |
| the other Valentines |
![]() |
| the Cantwells minus Gracie |
![]() |
| Ellis + Valentine= happiness ; ) |
My mom & I had been in birthday party prep mode all week & had just finished making bean bags for a game at the party when I had an idea. I asked Rob if he would be up for building us Cornhole boards for the party that was in 4 hours. He laughed at me & looked at me like I had 3 eyes. 30 minutes later, he was outside cutting boards. This man loves a project! In no time at all, I had whipped up 4 patriotic beanbags & Rob finished up the boards. We started with them inside & laughed as the girls crawled all over them. I took the first toss & hit Charlotte in the back quite hard with the bean bag. She cried, I felt awful. Eloise was practicing standing up & sitting down. It is so fun to see her standing & attempting to walk. She is up to 3 steps in a row right now.
![]() |
| Gaga & the girls watching our indoor game. |
We were properly instructed on how to play Cornhole & kept on playing for the rest of the evening! My Dad hurled one at me to get me back for hitting his granddaughter with one....youch!
Friends Alex & Sal joined us for the celebration & let us blow up their bounce house. It was fabulous to entertain the kids. We had to drag Eloise out of it...she loved it! Charlotte had some red cheeks for being so hot & kept rolling down the slide then standing on her head.
.jpg)
![]() |
| Sara & Orin |
![]() |
| Cassie |
.jpg)
I was bummed I didn't get a picture of Sal, Alex, Cassie & Nico all together but at least I got this adorable one of Cassie with her huge grin as she happily collected the beanbags & passed them to the next player. She loved her little job & it was actually really nice to let her bend down to get them over and over and over and over ; )
![]() |
| Isaac has become one happy boy that can give you a giggle on a moments notice. He LOVED being lifted up & down really fast by his favorite Daddy! |
We ended the bash with some sparklers. Charlotte was pretty serious, I'm not sure if she ever even smiled. Orin on the other hand, he wasn't allowed to hold one but made a bee line for Charlotte's & had to be restrained ; )
Such a fun afternoon & evening! Everyone left by about 8:30 & we listened/watched from the window as our neighbors shot off fireworks. The girls were so exhausted they slept through it all!
Just for kicks, here is a picture of us enjoying our first 4th of July as a couple in 2003 at Uncle Bill & Aunt K's cabin on Lake Texoma. We had been dating for almost 3 months.. Love that boy! He bought my engagement ring that week : )
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

Love the pic of your first 4th together...Steve and I spent our first married fourth up there!
ReplyDelete