Saturday, August 13, 2016

a simple way to stay light-hearted

Every day of my life is filled with moments where I can't help but sigh which usually means "I'm going to lose my mind" or "how did I get here?" Does anyone else feel this way? I'm pretty positive I am not alone by any means. That being said, I am happy to share my simple way to stay light-hearted when you feel like you are going to explode in the midst of something completely ridiculous.

It's so very simple. I picture these two (the best brothers a girl could ask for) doing the same thing. 


I have been keeping a running list. Pick an adult in your life....preferably someone that makes you laugh since thinking of someone that aggravates you would only make the situation worse ; )

These are pretty much all about the boys...go figure...now the key is to picture that grown up...
  • The boys are notorious for sucking toothpaste off of other people's toothbrushes. They can also be found with head leaned back & toothpaste squirting into mouth. This act can be in a synchronized fashion.
  • When served a plate that contains a various assortment of things they start mixing it all together & saying "yum" following bites of blueberries dipped in ketchup & ranch dressing.  When they eat sauce from Chick-Fil-A they lick it straight out of the containers or scoop it into their hands & lick it off. It reminds us of Buddy the Elf.
  • Collapsing on the floor in complete dismay when someone else gets the blue plate.
  • Handing someone a toy to put away & they instead smile at you while running to the top of the stairs & throwing it over the banister.
  • There was a morning that I was reading to the boys. Owen climbed up behind me, sneezed & shot a snot rocket into my hair. After a quick wash I decided to make a latte. Anson immediately reminded me that he really likes lattes & wanted to smell mine. I leaned down to his level....he got right over my cup & instead of taking a breath in he breathed out of his mouth & nose very forcefully & said "mmmmmm, I like that mommy."
  • When eating lunch one day I was looking at someone across the table from me, glanced at Arlo & when I looked back there were feet in place of where the head was.
  • One of the boys constantly struggles with putting his pants on correctly & ends up with two legs down the same side. He always looks so confused. This same child lays in his bed at night being told to pull up his covers which are within inches of his fingers & laments saying "I can't do it by my-see-elf!"
  • Anson was next to me when I was getting the milk out of the fridge & said "can I help you mama?" I said "Sure! Hold this cap for me." He smiled at me & popped it into his mouth.
  • I found both boys squirting hand soap into the girls hairbrush. That was actually the second time that happened. The first time I found out when the girls hair was magically filled with soap suds hahahaha! That is a great prank!
  • When given markers or watercolor or basically anything you can use to color yourself, they do as soon as I turn around.
  • The amount of times in one day that someone says "watch me, watch me" is insane& the majority of the time it is hilarious to picture an adult thinking they would like you to see every cool trick they can do.
  • Every time someone touches ANYTHING that belongs to them they let out an extremely high pitched scream & sometimes go into attack mode.
Of course while looking through pictures to feature those funny guys I came up with more than I needed so, here are the Ellis kids back in the early 90's.




This next one reminds me of when the girls try to hold Arlo.

They don't do this any more but they still make me laugh....


A final word about staying light-hearted....laugh at yourself or be okay when the rest of your crew does. Sometime in the newborn fog I poured orange juice into my cereal instead of milk & I have yet to live it down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment