Added decor to The Valentine Nest: "Give Thanks" Pennant Banner & Pillow Covers
The banner was really fun & simple to make although it would not have been simple if we were missing my Grandmother Alene's embroidery machine. My mom and I programmed the machine to do each of the letters in corduroy then we cut around them & ironed them on to the individual pennants. This took approximately 13 minutes per letter times 20.....we kept ourselves busy while the machine did all the work! Just for the record, one letter is made up of approximately 1300 individual stitches....crazy!
Here is the finished product:


I have been debating for SO long on what fabric to cover our pillows on the couch with. I feel as though I have solved the problem....at least for now. My mom taught me how to put a zipper in & make covers that can be switched out. Now that I have a fall set of 5 pillows, my goal is to make a winter set & then a set that can be used for the rest of the year or, if I get really ambitious, I can make a Spring & Summer set too!

Over all, the fall makeover cost about $35 which I think is a steal of a deal considering a fall pillow from Pier One or Target would go for around $18 each! I am loving the brown fabric the most & the orange is growing on me. The banner is slowly growing on Robby....he kept saying "a banner? in the house?" Anyway, I am always game for a new project and feel like I am getting the hang of sewing & troubleshooting my hand me down machine.
Welcome Fall...anytime you want to come, we are ready for you down here in Sunny Florida!
I LOVE it.
ReplyDeletethese turned out super cute too! I think I may have to steal that idea for the pillows! Do you have any quick tips on putting in the zipper...I haven't ever done that part before!
ReplyDeletei love it! I've been wanting to do a thanksgiving bunting... now I have to because yours is so cute!i'm so impressed at those awesome letters too! I wish you lived closer.. i just made a pillow and drapes. it be so fun to be crafty with someone else.
ReplyDelete* it would be so fun. haha
ReplyDelete