
We were overjoyed once again today to see a healthy little baby bouncing around in my belly & equally as excited to find out that Charlotte is going to have a baby sister!
We decided to change things up a bit and find out in a different way what we were having. We took the envelope & card into the sonographer and made our special request of having her peek between the legs & circle boy or girl for us. I was nervous that I would want to look all day long after our 10am appointment but Robby made it easy and put it in the safe! We took Charlotte to Uncle Steve's & Aunt Jenny's to spend the evening and we headed over to enjoy some delicious seafood at Bonefish Grill.
Robby was in charge of opening up the envelope and sharing the news with me. We waited until we had ordered our main dish & were enjoying our appetizer. Robby opened it & read it to himself. He had the biggest grin on his face as he read it & looked up at me. I already had tears streaming down my cheeks. He turned it around to where I could see it & I just lost it! I was crying and laughing all at the same time. I am sure the wait staff there was thinking "what on earth is going on at this table?!" but, it was a sweet moment for us!
After dinner, we continued the tradition of picking out the going home from the hospital outfit as our first purchase for the new baby. This was especially important for a second girl since she will most definitely be wearing MANY hand me downs from her big sis! She can have something that only she wore : )
Here we are this morning before the appointment. Charlotte is looking so big & feels quite heavy when smushing my belly!
and onto this beautiful baby girl.....


This pregnancy has been flying by but still I see God providing ample amount of time for my little mind to imagine what life with two little ones in my home will be like. I can honestly say that I am really excited to be in this busy season of life. I have always desired to be a mother and now that I am here, I often say, "this is even more amazing than I imagined!" On difficult days which we definitely have, I am thankful to have the Lord sustaining me & reminding me that He orchestrates my life to refine me for my good & His glory.
We are planning on getting serious about some names here in the near future! Lots of exciting things headed our way as we prepare for baby girl #2 & we will keep you posted on it all : )
YAY! So excited for you! Having a sister is about the greatest thing in the whole world. Charlotte will have a lifelong best friend.
ReplyDeleteLauren, We could not be more happy for you, Robby and of course, darling Charlotte! My girls may not readily admit it, but I see them together and they are very lucky to have each other!! John was jealous for years that he did not have a brother like the girls had each other! He now had Yo!! The Lord works in mysterious ways!!
ReplyDeleteLots of love!!!! Aunt K
Such fun news! I know Charlotte and Baby #2 will be best friends and love each other sooo much! Congrats on your two beautiful girls!!!
ReplyDeleteHooray!!!! I absolutely LOVE having my 2 sisters. It will be an even more special relationship because they are so close in age. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHi Lauren! I have beeni keeping up with your blog recently, and I am so excited for you that you are having another girl! My sister is my absolute best friend. I can't imagine my life without her (well, or my brother for that matter either, so I guess either way you would have won)!
ReplyDeleteYipee!!! I am so excited for you and for Charlotte...I will echo other's comments that having a sister is an amazing and wonderful gift!
ReplyDeleteI love all the sono pics, and can't wait to see her and what she looks like!