Thursday, January 6, 2011

Food for little ones

Juanita & I spent a few hours yesterday morning cooking for our little sweethearts. We had a great time in all the mess of multiple recipes going at the same time. We both made quite a bit of pureed baby food in the earlier months but feel like we have been slackers as the girls are growing. We have these fabulous recipe books that we should use all the time so it is our goal to cook every 2 or 3 weeks together to stock up our freezers with healthy food for the girlies.

We each chose 2 recipes & provided all the ingredients with the recipes tripled or quadrupled. I am sure it would have been entertaining to watch us cook & manage two busy toddlers running all over! There was only 1 crash when I think Matilda was receiving an unwanted hug from Charlotte and they ended up on top of each other on the tile. After a few tears, they were best buddies again! They watched Elmo & ate snacks, read books, pushed around a shopping cart & tried repeatedly to climb on top of anything they could. Busy is the best way to describe them right now : )

Onto the chefs.....

The recipes I chose were from Anabel Karmel's Top 100 Finger Foods









Here are some of the most delicious muffins. They are carrot & cheese with Parmesan sprinkled on top.











My other recipe was for mini meatloaves that we cooked in a muffin pan to give you an idea of the size. They were pretty tasty as well!




Here is one of Juanita's. Chicken & Apple Balls which I thought were really yummy! This recipe is from another Anabel Karmel book. Juanita also made a 3 Cheese sauce to go on pasta but I failed to get a picture of it. Maybe I will snap one when Charlotte has it smeared all over her face ; )




I didn't get a good picture of the girls but here is Charlotte anxiously awaiting the muffins to be finished baking. Too bad she spit them out of her mouth immediately!
Great day of cooking & much more fun to do it with a friend. I already have some recipes picked out for next time. Also, I think I might hire someone to tend to the girls...maybe Hugo & Robby will volunteer. That way we can move faster & save some money!

3 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I need to get myself in gear and do some baby cooking for the freezer...haven't done that in months when i used to all the time (as you know). I'm about to call you!!!! Yipee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I've been wanting to make more foods with hidden veggies for Brandon but don't plan ahead well, this inspired me to want to call up a friend and make some together. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sold me. i totally just added that book to my amazon cart.

    ReplyDelete