Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Going on a squirrel hunt

Last Saturday Robby was heading out the door for a quick hunting trip. Charlotte & I did not have any plans for the day & surprisingly accepted the invite to accompany our hunter & gatherer. We drove about 45 minutes southeast of our house to Bull Creek Wildlife Management Area. It is public land therefore it is free : )

We packed a lunch & ended up scarfing it down as soon as we got over to the lake. We spent the next couple hours just wandering around. We only saw a few other people the entire time so it was really nice. It was definitely chilly outside but we were dressed for the occasion and enjoyed the great outdoors.

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately for Charlotte's sake, we did not see any squirrels. We think the windy weather accompanied by a toddlers squeals every few minutes pretty much ruined our chances for squirrel stew. Just being together was a blast.

Charlotte got to ride in my lap in the front seat while on the dirt roads with no one around. Rob would speed up and go through a puddle causing a tidal wave of muddy water to come over the front of the truck. This made Charlotte SO excited and she would say "mo mo mo" and do the sign for "more." He got a little too crazy with the puddles after that and she quit enjoying them. We had some good laughs though!

Here are these two. I was thankful that Rob could carry this little chunk of a girl ; )

Balancing act on a log

This picture was taken after Rob carried Charlotte & then me through a large puddle in our path. He made a noise like I was a bit heavier than usual when he heaved me up into his arms.....just wait till June sweetheart ; )

We could have left Charlotte here. She LOVED running down the paths & touching all of the bushes & long grass.

I love this man. Back in 2003, the day I first found him attractive, he had on a camo shirt : )

So very manly!

The trusty old beast. Much more trusty than the Firebird at this point : ) Rob was glad to get it dirty. Poor truck has been a "mom car" for the past 18 months & needed some lovin' from the mud.

I have a feeling my two sweet girls might learn to shoot a gun long before I did & spend some time hunting with their daddy. We might need to get him a son one of these days ; )

2 comments:

  1. Love all these pics of your sweet family! And I love that y'all are getting out and doing so many fun things pre-baby #2! Not that you won't be able to do fun things with two, but I can tell you from experience that it does get a little trickier. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute post! i love all the pics and am so glad you guys got to get outside and have some fun...maybe the next one will be a boy just incase char and her sis don't dig hunting :) I love the one of you two love birds and of char on the grass road! great memories!

    ReplyDelete