A week of fun with Char & Elo's Grandma & Great Gran has ended. They weren't the only ones who were sad to see them go! I so enjoyed spending time with these lovely women plus, I kind of got used to having an extra set of hands around the house again! We spent a lot of time at home with short outings during the day. I worked one day so they could have 14 whole hours of Charlotte & Eloise by themselves....they loved it.
Great Gran & Charlotte spent some time coloring & playing with stickers (a new obsession).
A trip out the back door to enjoy a little sun.
One thing I love about Great Gran is that she can carry on a really long conversation with a baby. She is a pro at coaxing out the sweetest coos & can get more grins than anyone else. Eloise spent quite a bit of time chatting with Great Gran.Eloise during the climax of the story Great Gran was telling her....
Phew! That was intense....glad we are on to the happier part of the story!
We took one day & drove out to Lakeland to meet two of my mom's cousins. We stopped by a couple fabric stores downtown before heading over to the park. Here are the happy Grandma's with the girls.
We enjoyed a couple hours outside under a gigantic oak tree while Charlotte played. She loved the playground & swing but we could not keep her away from the Splash Pad! Yes, we forgot her swimsuit so she got to play in her panties! This picture cracks me up....she spent a lot of time standing on this gators' tail. 
After a long day out, we cooked dinner at home & relaxed for their last evening at The Valentine Hotel.

This was the first picture Robby snapped of all 5 of us, couldn't believe we were all smiling!

Charlotte was in a silly mood, as usual so it was hard to get her to look at the camera. Eloise on the other hand couldn't take her eyes off of it : )

One final picture of the five of us.....
Sadly enough, visits always go too fast & the countdown restarts for the next time we will see each other. I loved getting to see Great Gran meet Eloise & enjoy lively Charlotte. She is a wonderful mother herself to 4 girls & has plenty of wisdom to share. I am thankful to have these two women in my life to share in the joy of raising my girls.
cute cute cute! so fun that they could both come! I think we need a potty training post to go with the panties pic :)
ReplyDeleteReading your blog makes me so happy! What a wonderful time you had. I know it must have been fun just all being together. Miss you all!
ReplyDelete