On our last day in Houston, we took a trip to the Houston Zoo. It was Eloise's first trip to the Zoo & Charlotte's first trip to a zoo that had more than a llama ; ) See POST. We had so much fun! The weather turned extra chilly that morning. I almost walked out the door without jackets for the girls. We would have had to buy some zoo hoodies if I had forgotten them because it was COLD!
The first thing we saw were the sea lions. As you can see, I thought they were really funny! Char smiled too, just not for the camera : )
We then headed over to see the primates & stopped to snap a picture with one we could get really close to. The funniest part of the primate exhibit is when they brought out this baby orangutan that was 7 months old & weighed about 10 lbs. Charlotte said, "awwwwwww, baby Eh-wheese!"
| silly monkeys |
There were so many beautiful animal exhibits. The giraffes were my favorite. Here is one of the babies. Next time we go, we will have to wait our turn to feed them.
The lions were so pretty they made me want to sing songs from the Lion King : ) I resisted although I am pretty positive Scott and/or my mom would have joined in. The silly bone has been passed down through multiple generations in our family in fact, Robby would tell you that I have made him silly too.
The elephants were a sight to see! They were performing when we walked up. Did you know a 7,000 pound elepant is capable of standing on it's head? Well we saw it, no lie! Charlotte mimicked every thing the elephant did....it was hilarious. Even the zoo person who was talking on the microphone kept laughing when she would look at her. Since then, anytime you say the word "elephant" she says, "I do this" & she either lifts, her arms up, or one arm & one leg or pretends to wave her trunk & then claps. It is pretty darn funny.
The girls got to ride a carousel for the first time. Charlotte thought it was great at the beginning and then slowly slid herself off into my arms. I know she is growing fast so I just love when she does something that leans more to the babyish side than the big girl side.
| Eloise was happy to ride with Gaga on a seat. She fit right in as a little owl : ) |
We ended up with two very sleepy girls by the end of our visit. Eloise didn't even make it to the car before falling asleep. Charlotte's eyes were closed before we got out of the parking lot! I'd say that is the result of a fun filled day at the zoo!
| whoooo is the cutest? |
| Charlotte & her new tiger, Aurora which is pronounced A-ROAR-A |
love the zoo pics....I would have probably sung lion king songs too...and you would have had to join me :)
ReplyDelete