What a lovely visit we had today with our ultrasound : ) After previous visits I have walked out of the office asking Robby to summarize what we heard. It seems that my cup is received "half empty" as I tend to lean toward dwelling on the negative things we heard. Rob has joked before that I should have titled this series of posts "Expecting the Worst" instead of "Expecting the Unexpected." Haha....that made me laugh.
This visit, we received ALL reassuring news for the first time in many visits PRAISE THE LORD!
Summary:
- Fluid has remained the same in both sacs- within normal range
- Doppler Studies on Anson remained the same- within normal range
- Doppler Study results on Owen provided the best of the news this week. Remember this study shows the blood flow between baby & placenta & over the previous two weeks his had worsened. This week it was completely back to NORMAL!!
- Owen emptied & filled his bladder multiple times during the ultrasound...all parts are working!
- Owen is cephalic & Anson is breech with his feet in Owen's face : )
- The doctor we saw came in with a grin to confirm all great findings! He said that Owen's Doppler study showed a vast improvement so I needed to keep up whatever I have been doing for the previous two weeks. I asked what can make the blood flow improve that well & he immediately asked if I had decreased the amount of physical activity I do in a day. The answer to that is "YES!" He also asked how old my other children are and his eyes got big & he chuckled when I said 3 & 1. So rest may be hard to come by around here but with help of all family & friends (and strangers at grocery stores that carry out bags & load my car) it is happening & it is making a difference.
- God is good, that is the summary in the grand scheme of things. He continues to show mercy to us, sustaining the life & growth of Owen & Anson.
One other really fun part of our ultrasound was that we got a little 3D glimpse for the first time. They were adorable & I couldn't help but cry when I saw their little faces for the first time!
Here they are....
Anson
![]() |
| Anson is snuggled closely against the wall of the uterus....guess it's a pretty comfy spot : ) |
Owen
![]() |
| Look closely & you can see Anson's foot against Owen's left cheek blocking his eye. |
![]() |
| In this one you can see Anson's heel right below Owen's left eye. Crazy boys wrestling from the beginning! |
They look fairly similar to us, same nose & lips at least! Pray for some chub to grow on those little cheeks!
Today the girls got to spend time with my Mom's cousin Sheryl & her daughter Colleen who is almost 13. Char & Elo had a blast and then crashed for a long nap. Sheryl & Colleen were SO kind to mop & vacuum while were were away! I got to lay on the couch & visit for a little bit once we got home. They live in Brandon which is about an hour & a half drive from our house. We were so thankful they were willing to help!
We ended up with a giant screw in our tire that we noticed on our way there & made a detour to get it repaired on the way home. Thankfully we made it to our appointment with just seconds to spare & the tire kept enough air in it to make it to Discount Tire. I celebrated the great report with a McFlurry & large fries while we waited....the boys & I liked that!
So, another week has passed, we are praising the Lord for his care of these precious boys. We are praising Him for giving my mom the desire & ability to make arrangements to basically move in with us for the long haul starting this Sunday. We are praising Him for you, for your commitment to pray for us & for being a part of the story we will share of God's faithfulness with our children for years to come. Thank you!




YAAAYYYYYY!!! What GREAT news!!! So thankful with you!!! Can't wait to continue to see what God will do! :) Thank you for sharing the journey with us!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pictures! Those are two handsome little guys!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing! Have been praying as the journey continues! Wonderful wonderful news!
ReplyDelete