I am just hours away from being officially 30 weeks! The 30's sound great for delivering twins, HEAPS better than the 20's. The boys have been more wiggly than ever this week & have started having simultaneous hiccups which feel so funny. I am more excited every day as I think about holding them both in my arms.
We spent nearly an entire day at Winnie on Wednesday. We left the house at 6:30 so I could make it to a work meeting at 7:30. It was fun to feel like part of the team while I was there & made me look forward to returning to my once weekly shift after maternity leave. I grabbed some breakfast downstairs in the cafeteria to snack on during the meeting. I had a bagel thin with peanut butter & then ordered 3 pieces of bacon. The guy serving me could not stop talking about how big my belly was. He apologized for most of the bacon pieces being broken & told me to tell the cashier that I ordered 3. When I told her what I ordered she said, "Ma'am, I think you have 7 pieces of bacon there." She was not pleased with the discordance in serving size (sorry, that word is SO a part of my vocabulary now). I wanted to laugh out loud but she stared at me & then looked angrily across to the guy who served me my food. I told her I didn't care what she charged me for, I just wanted to eat. I was out of there quickly then headed up to my meeting.
I had about a 3 minute potty break between the meeting & my sonogram at 8:30. They were right on time which was a nice change. The sonogram went as well as we could hope for this week!
Summary:
- Owen, my calm child remained in cephalic presentation while Anson, the wild buckaroo had moved from breech to cephalic.
- They were more compliant than usual & the sonographer was able to get her measurements easily. My guess is that they are now experiencing a decrease in carbs at breakfast time with my new diet ; )
- The fluid pockets are 7cm in depth in each sac. They have never had the same amount of fluid & we never thought that Owen's fluid would go from 3 all the way up to 7! I can tell the difference with his ability to move around a lot more with a larger "swimmin' hole"
- Their Biophysical Profiles were both perfect. Remember this is what checks their well being.
- The Doppler Studies were also perfect!
- No growth measurement this week but will be assessed again next Wednesday.
We met a different MFM doctor this time & really enjoyed talking with him. He said the boys looked great! He did say that as we continue to assess the growth, if the boys stay in the 30-40% range of discordance that we are looking at somewhere between 34 & 36 weeks for delivery but probably on the earlier side. If Owen starts to show any signs that he is not tolerating life in utero then we will be meeting them even earlier. Same story we keep hearing! We spent a longer time talking about the Gestational Diabetes care plan which was so helpful. He said they would give me about 7-10 days of monitoring my blood glucose with diet change alone & see if that can keep it under control.
Onto some pictures of these adorable faces:
Owen:
Anson:
After our ultrasound we loaded a shuttle with some other pregnant ladies & their chosen attendee to enjoy a 3 hour long gestational diabetes educational class. I was genuinely pleased with the information presented & especially with the educator. Even as a nurse who is somewhat familiar with what was taught, I learned many new things & feel much more prepared to manage my diabetes through diet. One lady in our class is an acrobat in the Cirque du Soleil show in Orlando who of course is on leave. We had a good laugh afterward talking about the random people we have met in Orlando that are "only in Orlando" kind of people such as: our waitress at Abuelos being a dolphin trainer at Sea World, a brother of a patient I delivered who was Goofy at Disney World & various other characters or people who swim with dolphins on a daily basis. Makes being a nurse & an IT consultant sound so boring ha!
We ate some lunch on the way home, ran a couple errands & then I collapsed on the couch upon our arrival home where I stayed until dinner time. This body gets worn out SO much more quickly these days...wonder why? I am headed to the regular OB tomorrow then planning for some rest & relaxation while the girls spend some time with a friend until after nap time. That means my mom gets some rest too! It should be nice for all of us. We are looking forward to the arrival of Robby's mom Jeannine, aka Grammy to the little ones around here. She will arrive Saturday morning & stay for a week. My mom is going to take 5 days to be away. She gets to stay in Celebration with Edie that used to watch the girls when I worked. She has an extra bedroom & offered to welcome my mom in for as much time as needed! We were thankful for that option, free & close by just in case something happens with the babies.
I think that's about all the updates at the moment! More to come next week....
YAY for 30 weeks!!!!! Great sono pics! So glad to hear things are going so well! can't believe how close you are getting to being a mom of 4 and boys!!!
ReplyDelete