The first morning we were gone, I received this picture via text with the caption, "It's just not the same!" Oh my, it made me laugh so hard!
Since we were well aware of how quiet the house would be, Robby decided that he would use his time to build us a new bed. In the post "Beginnings of a Master Bedroom Makeover" you see our bed on a frame & some new curtains. We are sticking with the slow & steady pace & have now added one more thing to the bedroom. Nearly 7 years with a bed on a frame, which is just fine for the record, we are now enjoying a beautiful bed styled after the Pottery Barn Farmhouse Collection at a fraction of the cost! $1,400 or $200, easy decision here since we don't have that to spend on a bed anyway : )
My husband is so talented in many ways....especially woodworking! Here are the photo updates I received while I was away:
| woodpile begging to be put to use |
| Headboard & Footboard |
| first time put together with the moulding on the headboard & footboard...this picture got me really excited! |
| up close view |
What I arrived home to:
I had no doubt he could do it but I am still very much impressed with the final product! I know it is the same mattress but for some reason it is so much more comfortable now : ) Rob, seriously, you are amazing! Thank you for spending almost every free moment during our time away to make something special for us!
We frequently ask Charlotte "Why did Daddy do _______ for Mommy or vice versa. Fill in blank with: clean the kitchen, take the dogs out, treat the other person to something special. Our answer is, "because Daddy loves Mommy or Mommy loves Daddy." I asked Char why Daddy built the bed for Mommy & she said "to jump on!" Hahaha....love the why she thinks!
Next episode in the Master Makeover....we will search high & low for the perfect shade of blue paint.....
Love, love, love! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! He is very talented! I love pottery barn too and this definitely looks like it is straight out of the catalog! Amazing work!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! Great job, Robby! Aren't handy husbands the best?!? I didn't have "handy, do-it-yourselfer" on my list of must-haves for my future husband, but I'm glad God saw fit to give me one! It has been such a blessing :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I LOVE the question that you ask Charlotte. I'm going to steal that and start asking Nora. What a great way to teach your kids that actions speak louder than words!
WOW! So impressed! Love it!
ReplyDeleteLOVE it! I turned out beautiful...how is it holding up ;) I agree with everything Kate said too :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so impressed! Robby is very talented. I also love the question you ask Charlotte. I may have to start that with my kiddos as well. :)
ReplyDelete