Summary:
- Anson went from 1lb 14oz to 2lb 5oz
- and drum roll please.....Owen went from 1 lb 4 oz to 1lb 14oz! WOWSERS! That boy must be enjoying all those extra protein drinks : )
- The exciting number we heard is that the discordance in weight has decreased from 33% to 19 % which means we are in normal range for monochorionic twins!
- The Doppler Studies & fluid levels for both boys are great
- They are both cephalic & were in a wrestling match while the sonographer tried to get her measurements. I wonder if Anson is thinking, "uh oh! He's getting tougher!"
- The doctor said that whatever I am doing is working so keep on keeping on! His only concern is that Anson decreased from about 78th percentile to 68th percentile instead of maintaining or steadily increasing. He wants to verify that the reason Owen is picking up the pace is NOT because he is stealing from his brother. They will check the measurements of the boys in 2 weeks to see if Anson continues to decrease on the percentile scale or is just settling into a new growth pattern that is more like his brother. We will pray for the latter!
On our way out of the hospital I said "Well, if I have learned anything it's that we are never out of the woods." Robby said "Yes, but sometimes we get really close to the edge."
Other news is that I am safe to work an 8 hr shift a week sitting & watching monitoring strips instead of running all over Labor & Delivery! This is exciting since I love the hospital environment so much & miss seeing my friends there. I am not officially on the schedule yet but need to make some calls & see where I can pick up hours. This monitoring position happens to be on our Antepartum unit where they keep moms that are pregnant & high risk....sounds like a safe place to be for this mama if you ask me!
So here is the day away from 27 WEEK belly. If you look closely you can see it sticking out of the bottom of my shirt. This is the tell tell sign that the pregnancy is coming to an end although this time, there are more than a few weeks to go! I am measuring 43 inches around my belly which is what I was at 38-39 weeks with the girls! I have felt amazing this week with my mom here since it has allowed for lots of rest. She is an incredible woman who is serving & serving & serving. Bless her!
Keep praying friends & family, we love you!
Rockin' that baby bump!
ReplyDeleteYea, ya look fabulous!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for answered prayers! And you look great!
ReplyDelete